Slegg Building Materials is currently seeking a Full-Time Driver to join our team. The shifts are Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm. We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience. Our Extended Health & Dental Benefits start after 3 months.
- Extended health care - drug and dental coverage, practitioners, disability, and life insurance.
- After 3 months of service, staff can participate in the RSP program with contribution matching
- An exclusive employee stock purchase plan
- Company discounts on all products sold at Slegg Building Materials
- Monthly breakfast or lunch events for our staff
- Employee referral bonus program
- Training and advancement options
- All employees immediate family members are eligible for an annual scholarship program
- Secure vehicle and bike parking
- Act as an ambassador of the company with all employees and customers
- Maintain an emphasis on a safety culture, customer service, and efficiency as a top priorities
- Deliveries as dictated by the needs of the business
- Superior customer service while driving and delivering materials and products
- Perform safety pre-trip inspections on Slegg vehicles
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Flexible work hours each day in order to complete necessary delivery orders
- General housekeeping duties, or various yard and warehouse tasks
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Previous driver experience
- Minimum valid Class 5 BC Drivers licence
- Forklift experience an asset
- Previous driver and roll off experience
- Physically demanding, must be able to lift heavy products
- A positive can do attitude is essential!
The Location - Duncan, 7281 Trans Canada Hwy.
Duncan is the commercial centre of the Cowichan Region with a growing population where young and old are looking for an outdoor lifestyle and home affordability. This region is seeing substantial growth in housing and multi unit dwellings.
Surrounded by beautiful nature landscapes, you will find one of our smallest locations, just 5 minutes north of downtown Duncan on the Trans Canada Highway. This location has a fresh team with new management eager to grow the business in the Cowichan Valley. Be a part of the growing community and join this close-knit team with a family feeling.
Our Core Values
- Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference
- We invest in relationships and every person is important
- Our highest priority is serving others
- We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence
- We believe you can never go wrong, doing the right thing
Thank you for your interest in Slegg Building Materials. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted