Posted Nov 17, 2015
PartSelect is growing and is currently looking for a System Administrator to manage its Windows-based network. This position is located in our office in the Burnside area of Dartmouth, NS (sorry no telecommuting).
PartSelect is the market leader for replacement parts ecommerce in the USA and Canada. We run several multinational ecommerce sites, created entirely in-house by our development team.
The System Administrator will maintain our server infrastructure, recommend improvements, procure equipment, and manage the day-to-day IT needs of our Dartmouth office and Halifax co-location facility. In addition, the Administrator will work on long-term projects to improve our systems architecture, increase security, and handle our continued growth in user demand.
- Design, install and manage Windows servers in our data centre (located in HRM)
- Architect, implement, and manage systems to ensure high availability for our ecommerce websites
- Monitor all servers and network gear and manage the development and installation of monitoring systems
- Support the Application Development team
- Develop and administer security policies and procedures
- Manage user authentication and security on the network
- Engage with 3rd party vendors on product support issues and escalation procedures
- Manage all office technology in the Dartmouth office
- Evaluate, procure and install desktop systems in our Dartmouth office
- Develop processes and systems to automate software deployments across the desktop systems
- Develop, manage and enforce policies for data storage and access in an Office 365 / SharePoint environment
- Five or more years of experience as a Systems Administrator in an enterprise-class Windows environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on large projects while maintaining day-to-day responsibilities
These qualifications are an advantage but not necessarily required.
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE (preferably Server Infrastructure)
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 administration experience
- Systems administration experience in environments with large SQL servers
- Experience with load-balanced high-availability IIS websites
- Familiarity with Barracuda firewall and load balancing hardware
- Experience with Office 365 migrations
PartSelect will be administering standardized tests as part of the selection process. This position is available immediately.
To apply send your resume and cover letter, referencing the job title, to [email protected].