The role is to develop, maintain and support software for the Electronic Gaming System as well as new projects.
- Assess development and program change requirements, inclusive of estimates for work completion
Prepare specs on required development and change requests.
- Test completed software development to ensure accurate operation
- Work as part of a cross functional team to define, design, and deliver a variety of gaming and related applications i.e., internal facing applications, reporting solutions, integration and console applications.
- Be a part of Release Management activities, including the deployment to current and newly created servers
- Develop new applications and modifications or fixes to existing applications
- Debug and test new applications and modifications or fixes to existing applications
- Deploy new applications and modifications or fixes to existing applications
- Document new and existing code
- Integrate third party software solutions as directed
- Communicate with users to resolve issues, questions, and support tickets
- Work in Agile team and a strict adherence to Agile methodology
- Participate in code reviews
- Provide development support on software solutions supported by the development team
- Provides regular updates to management with regard to task(s) progress
- Participate in defining and refining development standards
- Assist with software configuration management and implementation (including on site installation in customer locations)
- Ability to take on a challenge and remain productive when in a state of flux
- Perform the wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deliver a high standard of written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Ensure strong focus on process-oriented deliverables with specific attention to details
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with coworkers, and every level of management
- Ensuring management is made aware of critical events and situations within the programming and development department
- Be accountable for your actions and the functionality of your department
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
Assess need for any system re-configurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Delivery of new products and product enhancements to customers through coordination of system updates, training and documentation
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer programming/development and/or 1+ years equivalent work experience.
- Desirable skills; C++, C#, Java, FoxPro
- T-SQL, Crystal Reports
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive application support experience with real-time transactional systems.
- Familiarity with coding various types of software and integration/transition from legacy systems
- Proven track record of developing and providing results to specs provided and meeting deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Successful candidate may be subject to a background check.