Excellent opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive public practice accounting firm were your contribution counts.
Who we are
Vanderluit + Associates Inc. is a well-established Chartered Professional Accountants firm in Vancouver (Kitsilano).
We pride ourselves on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations.
We provide assurance, accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients consisting of companies in the construction and professional services industries, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium privately-owned and owner-operated businesses.
We are looking for
Our team is growing and we have an opening for a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years post designation public practice experience.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Reporting to the Partners and Senior Manager, the Senior Accountants work collaboratively with a dedicated team of accounting and administrative professionals.
· Preparation and/or review of working paper files and financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements, including applicable tax returns and other required compliance.
· Preparation and/or review of personal & corporate tax returns, trust returns, and charity information returns.
· Preparation and/or review of HST / GST / PST / WCB returns and other compliance filings.
· Monitoring of client deadlines to ensure client deadlines are met.
· Supervision and training of junior staff members and review of their work.
· Direct interaction with clients and CRA on behalf of clients.
· Working knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Taxprep, and the Microsoft Office together with other commonly used applications in an accounting environment.
· Knowledge of IFRS reporting is an asset.
· Knowledge of Assurance is a bonus.
· A minimum of 2 years post designation public practice experience.
· You are experienced in the preparation, review and management of files.
· Strong communication skills are a must, and all applicants should have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
· You have excellent organizational and time management skills, and a proven ability to take initiative and work independently.
· As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast paced, and fun.
· You are motivated to produce quality work and possess great problem-solving skills with a focus on solutions.
· You have a strong interest in public practice.
What we offer
We provide a competitive salary and compensation package, including extended health and dental benefits, professional development fees, membership dues, and every Friday off during the Summer months! We support career growth aspirations.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we’d love to connect. Feel free to include a coverletter or a short statement telling us a bit about yourself and why this may be the right opportunity and timing. Thank you for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6R 4N6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Public Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
Work Location: In person