Atmosphere Sound Floor Solutions Ltd (Sound Floors) is a growing gypsum underlayment installation company that has served British Columbia since 2017 as a division of Atmosphere Flooring Solutions (served BC since 2003). As a member of the Atmosphere team, you will be part of a group of dedicated people that provides exceptional services in all aspects of the flooring and gypsum underlay industry.
The Skilled Labour/Operator/Driver position involves working together as a small (4-6 person) team to deliver, setup, mix, pump and finish gypsum underlayment throughout British Columbia. This position includes the opportunity to work long hours and significant travel around the beautiful province of British Columbia. Atmosphere guarantees the successful applicant the opportunity to be home every Sunday and most Saturdays (+/- 5 Saturdays per year may be required).
This position specifically involves operating and maintaining a mobile gypsum batch plant and skidsteer. Mechanical aptitude and experience is a requirement. Leadership and growth opportunities exist for the right candidate.
The following abilities/skills are considered to be assets (but not mandatory) among candidates:
- Valid forklift/skid steer/zoom boom certification with experience
- Class 1 Drivers License
- Past flooring and /or construction experience
- Experience driving larger vehicles
- Warehouse experience
- WHMIS Training
- First Aid Training
- Construction and concrete installation experience
We will train suitable candidates but experience is preferred.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Assist in the pumping and placement of gypsum underlayment including pouring and finishing
- Gypsum underlayment, sound mat and other product installation and repairs
- Equipment and tool operation
- Ensuring site safety and cleanliness
- Final site cleanup
- Operation of mobile batch plant
- Repairs to equipment
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- All aspects of commercial driving including:
- Pre-trip inspections
- Loading, securing loads and unloading
- Safe operation of truck and equipment
- Minor vehicle maintenance
- Pick up and delivery of material as required