Job Title: Inbound Logistics Manager, VNL
Ready to evolve an industry?
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Newfoundland and Labrador Operations are an integrated mining, milling, and processing operation. Nickel concentrate from the fly-in, fly-out Voisey’s Bay operation is shipped to our state-of-art Long Harbour Processing Plant where it is refined into low-carbon and high-purity nickel rounds, cobalt rounds and copper cathodes.
We are currently seeking an Inbound Logistics Manager to join our Procurement & Inbound Logistics team in Newfoundland & Labrador. Priority will be given to Newfoundland and Labrador residents and those who are willing to relocate to Newfoundland and Labrador.
This permanent position will be based in St. John’s, NL working a Monday to Friday schedule, with regular travel to the Voisey’s Bay Mine Site and Long Harbour Operations as required.
The Inbound Logistics Manager is the single point of contact for all Operational issues related to Procurement, Supply Chain, Inbound Logistics, Warehousing, Expediting, and Reporting. The role holder will act as the Procurement Business Partner and Inbound Logistics Manager, responsible for the requisition-to-pay business process at site. In addition, the incumbent will manage teams on site in Voisey’s Bay, Long Harbour and in Port of Trois-Rivières (Three Rivers) Quebec, while coordinating activities with Operations, Projects, Procurement, and Inbound Logistics.
Additionally, in this position, you will:
- Work closely with Procurement, Inbound Logistics, Operations, Project Managers and other departmental staff to ensure that relative aspects of the Inbound Logistics process are being formulated and implemented to meet department and company warehousing standards.
- Take an active leadership role in the safety of personnel and in the interactions with Operations.
- Be an advocate for safety, health, and environmental sustainability.
- Act as a facilitator and support Procurement teams across Canada based on their categories to understand business challenges, help prioritize actions, evaluate emergencies, and address long term solutions for site challenges.
- Track and resolve issues related to material movement, expediting, parked invoices, rejected purchase orders, and contract release failures to ensure Operational requirements are met.
- Oversee warehouse scheduling, movement of personnel, equipment, materials and supplies throughout sites while working with various internal stakeholders and external vendors at Port of Trois-Rivières (Three Rivers) and Voisey’s Bay/Happy Valley-Goose Bay as required.
- Oversee and manage material movement, loading of Umiak and barges, unloading at site, availability of parts and consumables to Operations, all while ensuring safe and reliable operations in line with Vale Production System (VPS).
- Provide support to Warehouse Superintendent, Supervisors, Technicians, Buyers & Expediting staff.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business/Commerce, or a relevant field of study.
- 11-15 years of experience in Logistics/Warehousing within the mining industry.
- Experience with Logistics/Warehousing at a remote mine site would be a strong asset.
- Extensive knowledge of detailed cycle time studies on materials, shipping and transportation and its impact on resource requirements and cost.
- Proven track record with Warehousing, Logistics, Inbound Logistics and Marine environment activities.
- Must be familiar with shipping and scheduling activities and have previous success with high volumes of materials handling and coordination.
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage competing priorities while working with several groups.
- Good understanding of the company and government Safety and Environmental policy and procedures and ensure work is conducted to those standards.
How can Vale grow your career?
The Inbound Logistics Manager position will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary & Opportunity to earn an annual Employee Bonus
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans, and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth
- Opportunities to grow your career in a large global company, and mining industry leader
- Online training and career development opportunities
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are critical to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
Interested applicants must submit their application online at https://vale.eightfold.ai/careers. Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also submit their application to their Vale Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.
Pay Grade: G
Apply by: Thursday, September 28th, 2023