Capital Auto Group is widely recognized for an uncompromising commitment to the highest standards of integrity and quality, product selection and service, and on making a positive contribution to the community in which we operate. We are looking for an energetic, motivating, self-starter to join our team at BMW/MINI St. John’s!
As a General Sales Manager you will manage automotive sales and its day-to-day operations within the dealership, while maintaining a productive relationship with the manufacturer. This position plans, directs, and is responsible for an industry leading sales team, providing a premium client experience through all in person and digital interactions. The use of effective communication and strong process/organizational skills are paramount.
Listed below are the core competencies for this position:
- The ability to understand and demonstrate the sales process from start to finish.
- Effective management of vehicle acquisition, reconditioning, and initial pricing setting to maintain optimal inventory levels of both new and used vehicles while applying effective pricing strategies.
- Administer the management of an operating budget for the purchasing of vehicle inventory to ensure an adequate supply of stock.
- Ensure vehicles are inspected, detailed, and placed on the lot for purchase, with merchandising, within the company’s mandatory timeframes to maximize profit.
- Performs trade appraisals and conducts daily evaluations of vehicle inventory via vAuto software.
- Upon acquisition, place purchased used vehicles online with picture and unique description.
- Recruit, hire, train, and effectively manage a team consisting of Sales Consultants and Financial Services Managers.
- The ability to communicate the dealerships vision and values through peer-to-peer coaching and a lead by example approach will be required.
- Coach salespeople on best practices for closing vehicle deals and provide advice and guidance to improve sales performance, assisting in deal closure when necessary.
- Forecast team goals and objectives and strive to reach and exceed them. Must have the ability to hold salespeople accountable for their results.
- Regularly communicate with staff to confirm the dealership policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Must be available to perform trade vehicle appraisals and desk vehicle deals during working hours.
- Promptly handle and resolve any customer complaints or issues.
- Promote good communication and co-operation between all departments.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with key vendors/service providers to generate added value to the Capital Auto Group.
- Assist in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
- Experience with CDK, a Dealer Management system is an asset.
- Substantial track record of exceeding sales quotas and goals.
- Proven team leader, problem solving abilities; exhibits sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to provide and demonstrate a client first experience while motivating the team.
- Basic technological and mechanical knowledge of how a vehicle operates.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material quickly and efficiently.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 3+ years’ automotive experience REQUIRED
- 1+ year of supervisory/management experience is an ASSET
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License with a Drivers abstract is required
- Certificate of Conduct required
If you are self-motivated, high energy, dynamic, and results-oriented with a proven track record of sales and excellence in customer satisfaction, apply today!
Capital Auto Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the community in which we perform business. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person