Laframboise Group is looking for a talented and detail-oriented Operating Systems Coordinator to join our team. In this position, you will play an integral role in managing and supporting the technology resources for our dynamic and fast-paced Long Sault office. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with many teams, departments and field operations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and will be able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Set-up and manage inter-office connectivity between branch offices, sites and the main office.
- Improve network security and manage multiple system and infrastructure upgrades.
- Install, configure and support computer systems, servers, switches, operating systems and software.
- Develop and implement backup and recovery systems and procedures.
- Manage software product licensing via portal.
- Experience in data analysis, including query-based applications and excel.
- Develop training, support and documentation programs for all users and technology services.
- Assist with research and development of in-house systems and upgrades.
- Develop internal processes and procedures by learning all aspects of the IT department including user training, configuration management, system maintenance, security configuration management, disaster recovery planning, and asset lifecycle management.
- Develop and maintain an organized system for inventory control including inventory reports and data analysis.
- Maintain an organized system for asset lifecycle planning including asset disposal planning.
- Assist with various departments to determine their needs and assist with most suitable product acquisition.
- Review vendor contracts and coordinate IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technologies and/or related field preferred; or 3 years of equivalent experience in Information Technologies or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Information Technology security protocols.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint/ Outlook/ Teams); or equivalent experience.
- Skilled communicator with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Ability to work in a safe manner, and in conjunction with the Ontario Health & Safety Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Long Sault, ON K0C 1P0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15
Expected start date: 2023-10-02