Trust Science is hiring for the exciting opportunity to join our team as a Security Analyst Intern for a 4-month internship (January to April 2024), with the possibility of extension!
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring the security and privacy compliance of all aspects of the Trust Science platform.
- Participating in specific security, data privacy, and compliance improvement projects.
- Supporting, monitoring, and reporting on the effective monitoring, reporting, and remediation of all information security, data privacy and compliance requirements.
- Ensuring adherence of Trust Science to its internal security and privacy policies.
- Ensuring information security and privacy compliance gaps are identified and managed, noting and escalating any outstanding gaps to the Chief Security and Privacy Officer (CSPO).
- Consulting on information security and privacy compliance issues, assisting in identifying and delivering on areas of improvement within information security and data privacy compliance.
- Support the management of day-to-day operational matters of information security, compliance, and data privacy.
- Help identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware.
- Help develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to prevent and minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Research security solutions, implement, and document their implementation / use.
- Monitor systems / services and create trouble tickets (Jira) for messages requiring action.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time by their supervisor.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in science, information, programming, or related field.
- Experience or desire to work in security or privacy operations.
- The ability to to work in a high-stress environment with rapidly evolving priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Curious: ability to ask probing questions, dig deep and maintain an open-mind.
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to analyze complex technical issues.
Trust Science ® is a FinTech SaaS committed to using cutting-edge AI and ML technology to advance alternative credit underwriting with Credit Bureau 2.0 ® / Credit Bureau +™, helping lenders more fairly and accurately assess thin-file, financially stressed, or underbanked applicants. Trust Science’s patented technology gives lending leaders in an ethical, powerful and compliant way to score borrowers missed by conventional credit models. Trust Science paves the way to a more financially inclusive economy in which deserving people get access to loans that they deserve.
At Trust Science, we pride ourselves in a corporate culture that continuously moves us towards a more engaged, equitable, diverse and inclusive community of high-quality employees.
Job Type: Internship / Co-op
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- What is your expected date of graduation from your current program?
- Are you a current, domestic, student in a post-secondary program in Canada?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonton, AB T5J 3N9