Unlimited Potential Inc. is a family operated staffing organization that provides Support Workers to group homes for individuals with developmental disabilities. We offer day, afternoon and night shifts including weekends with the flexibility to choose your own schedule. Unlimited Potential has a great company culture with a longstanding management team who care about our people.
This position involves working in group homes with clients who have high behaviours, candidate must be comfortable and have experience in this type of setting to be successful.
- Full-time contract available on a rotating schedule, must be available to work every other weekend
- Competitive rate of pay starting at $25 per hour with possibility to increase over time
- Implements facility-wide behavioral programs, as well as individualized behavioral protocols, skill acquisition programs, and completing the necessary documentation.
- Models appropriate behavior, provides positive reinforcement and corrective feedback daily.
- Assists resident in Activities of Daily Living. This includes bathing, transfers, toileting and physical assistance, assisting and participating in physical, vocational and recreational activities.
- Transporting resident to medical appointments, vocational, recreational, and educational activities in the community (i.e. Grocery shopping, working out, etc.) This has been modified to reflect current Covid-19 concerns and safety.
- Administers residents’ medication programs.
- Interacts with residents’ family and visitors in the facility and on home visits.
- Completes all daily needed documentation (i.e. behavioral data, shift summaries, house charts, checklists, medication administration records, and incident reports) including filing in client binders
- Ensure the safety of all residents and co-workers by ensuring a safe environment, following all safety protocols, and implementing the required physical and mechanical interventions.
- Attends crisis intervention and other training, as required.
- Works with individuals of all ages.
- College Diploma or a University Degree (Autism & Behavioural Sciences, Developmental Services, Human Services, Police Foundations, Psychology, Criminology, and other disciplines will be considered)
- Energetic and self-motivated; willing to learn and apply new knowledge
- Available to work a rotating schedule (morning, afternoon, evenings, overnights, and holidays)
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience working with individuals with complex behaviours (asset)
- Understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis (asset)
- Current First-Aid and CPR certification
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- behavioral support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person