- Certificate of Technology from recognized Institute of Technology, or completion of Level 5 of
the Service & Design Self Development Program or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of training and experience working in the Service & Design Representative job.
- Must hold a valid class five (5) driver's license.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
Approximately 40% of the time out of the office with frequent exposure to hazards when driving
and frequent exposure to all types of weather conditions. Exposure to construction sites and
remote work locations where a substantial amount of the time is spent walking over rough terrain
and exposed to wild animals and dogs. Occasional exposure to irate customers. May be required
to fly in light aircraft, helicopters, travel in boats and work around water. May be required to travel
to job sites throughout the province to support the design process for periods normally not
exceeding 4 to 6 weeks.
- This is a Full Time Temporary opportunity for approximately 2 years.
- Applicants with lesser minimum qualification for subject position may be considered as a Design
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain your Driver’s License: Class 5 in
- As part of the selection process, applicants may be required to take a written test during the
Please be advised that this role has been assessed as safety sensitive and pre-qualification
alcohol and drug testing will be required as a pre-condition to employment.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation
to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we
invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible
minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual
orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively