With its Corporate office in Red Deer, Alberta and its Regional office in London Ontario, Peavey Industries LP is the corporate parent to retail brands Peavey Mart, MainStreet Hardware, and Ace Canada. We are 100% Canadian and employee owned.
Peavey is an engaging workplace. We are proud to promote from within and provide training to make this possible. We offer flextime and comprehensive benefits.
We are committed to our customers and the communities and agricultural regions we serve every day.
The Network and Security Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of our organization's network and security infrastructure. This role ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Network Management:
- Design, setup, and configure complex wired and wireless network environments
- Manage routers, switches, hubs, and other network hardware
- Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Configure and administer a variety of network services and equipment
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes, and security configurations
- Security Management:
- Design and implement security measures to safeguard the organization's data and infrastructure
- Monitor security access, firewall installations, and intrusion detection systems
- Conduct regular security audits, vulnerability assessments, and penetration tests
- Respond to and mitigate security incidents and breaches
- Ensure that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected from unauthorized access or breaches
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for all network and security configurations, hardware/software installations, and data flow
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Collaboration and Training:
- Collaborate with team members and other departments to ensure network security and optimize performance
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Follow all Peavey Industries LP safety policies, procedures, and protocols, report any accidents/incidents, near misses, injuries and concerns to a health and safety committee member, and work in a safe manner that does not create hazards to themselves or others
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values
- Included in this list, are any additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Relevant professional certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, or similar are preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in network administration and security
- Strong understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
- Proven experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Employee ownership program
- Employee discount
- RRSP matching program
- Competitive group benefits
- Inclusive work culture
- Laid back atmosphere
- Work-life balance
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peavey Industries LP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.