Sunbelt Rentals – the fastest growing rental business in Canada– is seeking a Class 1 Driver – You!
As a Class 1 Driver, you will deliver and recover a variety of equipment, tools, and supplies to and from the customer worksite. This role will drive a flatbed or roll-back truck in a variety of conditions, including urban, suburban, and rural settings. The ability to drive safely in tight settings such as construction zones is required. Our double-digit growth and internal promotion rate mean we are constantly looking to add top performers to our team.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid Driver’s license with Class 1 Certification and acceptable driver's record
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
- Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment preferred
- Experience driving flat-beds, RGN/lowboy, dovetail trailers
- Ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle at job sites
- Customer service attitude
We Take Care of Our People, join our team now, you will be able to:
- Be a local driver with steady hours
- Enjoy competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits program
- RRSP matching program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Prescription coverage, dental care, vision care, short & long-term disability coverage
- Safety boots reimburse program
- Develop new skills for a career track in service of operation management
- Learn how to demonstrate proper usage of equipment to customers at point of delivery
- We promote from within, you can explore your career opportunities to advance into a sales representative, operational/service managers or mechanic position.
- Experience high employee fulfillment with our support and empowerment
- Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-driven culture
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodation may be made to comply with applicable laws.
If you have done any of the following roles, we’d love to hear from you: Long Haul Driver, Heavy Haul Driver, Lowboy Driver, Equipment Driver, Equipment Operator, Owner-Operator, Delivery Driver
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals a proud supporter of military families and an equal opportunity employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities are welcome to apply.
Gear up for an exciting career! WEST20
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $27.76 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- equipment hauling: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person