GFL Environmental is looking for a Driver- Class 5 with Air Brake Endorsement to join our Residential Collection team in Coquitlam, British Columbia!
This role will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers. The driver will collect recyclables on curbside and/or backdoor routes and transporting to post-collection facilities.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly demeanor and is physically capable of completing job duties in a positive, team oriented and supportive environment.
Why Join TEAM GREEN
- Excellent Health, Vision and Dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Overtime opportunities
- Excellent work life balance
- Operate a residential / recycling collection, side-load and hydraulic system to collect solid waste and/or recyclables on specified collection route.
- Manually load recyclable waste into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle.
- Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
- Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, manner and appearance at all times (i.e., meeting customers and/or the general public while on route or in uniform.)
- Maintain accurate records of services performed.
- Work closely with supervisor to improve routing efficiencies.
- May be required to work overtime
- Must possess a Class 5 drivers with Air Brake Endorsement
- Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to 50 pounds repetitively using proper lifting techniques
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate the equipment
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.