Do you want to have fun, enjoy your job and make a difference? Come join our team!
Quality Greens Penticton is 100% locally owned and operated a full-service market currently recruiting a part-time or full-time Deli Associate. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work at least 2 shifts per week and must be available at least one day on the weekend.
- Team in-store discount
- Competitive wage & flexible hours
- Employee incentives and Social Committees
- Professional development opportunities
- On the job training
- Health and dental benefits for full-time employees
What we stand for:
- Our passion for healthy living and the world is contagious, and we lead by example.
- Our service to the customer inspires others in its commitment to excellence.
- Our thirst for knowledge makes us the destination for education about healthy food and supplements in our community.
Quality Greens is committed to supporting local vendors and the community, providing a unique and enjoyable shopping experience for its customers and providing a supportive and welcoming place of work, free of any type of harassment or discrimination to its employees.
This position operates under the supervision of the Deli Manager. As a Deli Associate you are primarily responsible for providing top-notch customer service and for the preparation of high quality food items to be sold in the Deli department. This includes, washing, preparing, and chopping fruits, vegetables, and meats as well as weighing and mixing ingredients. In addition, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and maintaining all company standards through adhering to safety and hygiene procedures.
- Produce high quality natural foods in accordance to our delicious recipes
- Prepare, cook or bake foods to be served in the Deli
- Clean preparation area, equipment, and workstations in accordance to Health and Safety policies
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies, including exposure control notices, if required to cleanup biohazard waste (training provided)
- Rotate stock to ensure quality and fresh merchandise at all times
- Receive, stock, merchandise, and face product according to department procedure
- Assist customers and provide excellent customer service
- Handle customer inquiries or complaints in a professional manner
- Adhere to company loss prevention standards
- Cover additional shifts as necessary in order to meet the operational needs of the store
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Serve as a role model for Pomme's vision and core values and instills these values in team members
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
If you think you are the right person for this position you will...
- Have previous experience preparing and cooking food
- Have a passion for food and love sharing your knowledge with others
- Have experience working in a customer-service oriented environment
- Previous Deli or food preparation knowledge is an asset
- Have a valid Food Safe certificate
- Excel when working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Have the ability and willingness to work varied shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Have the ability to take direction and follow through with delegated tasks
- Have the ability to work independently or as a team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.75-$19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person