Escalation Engineer (L3)
Brief Role Description:
- You are a well-rounded and experienced IT Systems Engineer who will be responsible for Escalations and troubleshooting of issues escalated by L1 and L2 technicians.
Why should you consider joining Reis Informatica?
- You want to work at a company that is helping clients with impactful, relevant technology. Reis Informatica is a Security Focused Managed Service Provider. We serve our clients so they can focus on their business success. We handle everything to do with their IT needs. From network administration to infrastructure projects to Cyber Security Operations.
- You want to work with a leadership team who are transparent and trustworthy. Our senior leaders have a vision for Reis Informatica. They are experienced, knowledgeable, approachable, and consistently working hard to drive success for the company and the team of people who make it happen.
- You want to work with cool technologies. Any of our technical team will tell you that the one thing they love is that they get to work with lots of tech. You simply cannot get bored.
- You want regular opportunities for learning and growth. With ongoing feedback from leadership, you’ll find that Reis Informatica encourages you to be your very best. Our onboarding process is thorough and informative because we want to ensure you’re prepared to have a great work experience. We also have programs designed to help you take the next steps you want for your career.
What’s this role about?
By being part of Reis Informatica’s IT team, you will be responsible to handle escalations of complex issues and difficult problems that less experienced technicians could not solve.
This role is perfect for those who enjoy fixing problems, and documenting how to solve them for the future. Someone who performs this role is also often a mentor and a teacher for L1's and L2's.
What will I be doing?
As a champion for enabling our clients through technology at Reis Informatica, these are a few of the things you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot and solve complex issues
- Create How-To's and solution briefs and document your findings.
- Ensure all IT devices and systems are in working order to optimize operations
- Suggest better ways of doing things to relevant team mates
- Work on Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, Fortinet, and other technologies
- Bake Cyber Security and IT best practices into everything you do
- Document new and existing IT processes and procedures
What are we looking for?
- Certifications or extensive experience with Microsoft Servers, Cisco networking
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills as this will be a client-facing position.
- Very experienced with Fortinet, Juniper, Meraki, MDM, PKI, IEEE 802.11 technologies.
- Hypervisor and/or Hyperconvergence technologies such as VMWare or Scale
- At least four years at an L3 level (Senior level position), minimum eight years of IT experience.
- Working knowledge of Ticketing Systems (ConnectWise/Autotask etc.)
- Experience providing IT support (Remote or onsite)
- Extensive experience working with Windows Server, Azure, AD, Linux Mac hardware and software
- Proven customer service experience
Are there bonus points?
Yes! We’ll give your application extra credit if you have one or more of these:
- Previous experience in a Managed Services or IT VAR environment
- Mobile Device Management
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP; Microsoft MCA, MCSE certifications
- Powershell scripting knowledge
About Reis Informatica
Reis Informatica is a Managed Services Provider that has been helping Kitchener-Waterloo Region, and Southwestern Ontario businesses manage their IT for over 15 years. We specialize in translating technology into business sense. We support our Canadian clients with our offices in Kitchener/Waterloo, Lisbon, Portugal, Malaysia, and Brazil for true Follow-The-Sun, 24/7 support. We also have our own Cyber Security Division focused on keeping our clients safe on the internet.
Reis Informatica offers peace of mind from the board room to the server room so businesses can focus on what they do best. We are a team of people with different strengths and backgrounds that work together to positively impact the lives of our clients, community, & each other.
Reis Informatica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada? (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kitchener, ON