Join the Party! We are looking for individuals who can assist our customers to plan the perfect party!
Party City offers customers all they need to plan their event with a mix of party supplies such as balloons, decorations, favours for birthdays, holiday parties, and special occasions, as well as halloween costumes and décor.
Party City offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, training, and career opportunities from within and in other Party City locations across the country or in other Canadian Tire stores.
The Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs. This role also involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
- Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
- Guides customers to the location of requested items.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Uses creativity to design balloon décor and bouquets for every holiday and occasion.
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Learns about new products on a regular basis.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
- Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Party City systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency using helium to prepare balloon bouquets.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
Basic math, keyboarding and computer skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
- Experience in a customer service role and/or with Party City is considered an asset.
- Ability to operate cash register is an asset.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
- Belief in the Party City Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
- Effective oral communication skills (e.g., probing, listening, etc.) and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
- Ability to complete retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to be detail oriented and accurate when picking customer orders and receiving products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that provides help and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to resolve customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
More about the position
Potential Career Opportunities
Next levels: Store Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store"s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light" to “heavy".
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
- Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying products of various weights.
Our offering includes:
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.