Job Description: This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service through face to face when they enter the premises or by answering the incoming calls and properly directing them or taking messages. This position is also responsible for cashier duties, which include cash/credit transactions; delivery/pick up; providing customer estimates; reconciliation; customer enquiries; etc. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all merchandise and work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES**
Abide by and adhere to all tasks and procedures outlined in the HH Employee Manual and any other distributed documents.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Report for work as scheduled wearing the appropriate clothing and logoed HH attire as may be required.
- Processing/reconciling payment transactions.
- Processing returns.
- Processing paperwork (i.e. door orders, invoices, pick ups, etc.)
- Creating signage, schedules, etc. for store(s) use.
- Merchandising and restocking front end area.
- Answering incoming calls and taking messages or directing calls
- Mix paint.
- Conduct inventory lists when stock is getting low.
- Clean up work area daily, ensuring site is kept tidy and safe at all times.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Reconciliation of Cash, Debit or Credit Transactions – as per Cash Reconciliation Policy.
Tools & Equipment
Company specified tools for this position include but are not limited to:
- POS System (Counter Point - NCR)
- Computer and various programs
- Microsoft Office would be considered an Asset
- Paint shaker
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Completion of High School or equivalent.
- Previous customer service/cashier experience would be considered an asset.
- Previous customer service experience in a construction product environment would be an asset.
- Certifications in WHMIS and First Aid would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to train other staff as needed or if needed for same skills.
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented and flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be a team player.
- Proven computer skills and past experience with POS systems.
- Ability to provide criminal records background check.
This position makes decisions only within the scope of the job description and/or specific instructions from their supervisors. This position is accountable for the decisions he/she makes.
This position deals with customers, co-workers, suppliers on a regular basis and must be able to maintain a professional and business-like attitude at all times.
This position works indoors and has the flexibility to move around during a shift, including sitting, standing, twisting, bending and lifting. This position works on a computer and must be able to focus for long periods of time. This position uses the phone as a tool on a routine basis and must be able to have good hearing skills. This position has some exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, heat, cold, noise, and inclement weather. This position may require the lifting of items up to 50 lbs. This position requires visual concentration to complete daily tasks. This position requires good hearing to listen for unusual sounds in equipment and site management.
This position has financial responsibility in maintaining correct cash/credit processing handling when dealing with customer orders and estimates. This position has a high level of accountability in the flow of their work and data entry being thorough and 100% accurate.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-Time (Will be discussed at interview)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30-42 per week
Salary: $15.50-$17.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-01