who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
Production control is a fast-paced team in a unique position to support the distribution business at every level of operation. We supply the flow of outbound work to the distribution center and work with the teams on the ground to prioritize and execute that workload. Primary functions include waving, researching, shift planning, and workflow optimization. We are a pivotal partner to DC leadership and have daily influence on every department.
a day in the life of:
The Production Control Supervisor is also responsible for all aspects of their assigned department operations as well as the development of their people. The responsibilities would include:
- Works cross-functionally with key partners in our Store Support Center and Retail Operations to effectively achieve or exceed goals and produce outcomes in line with the company vision.
- Create daily workload plans that meet our order SLAs and DC operational requirements.
- Communicate department updates to DC and production control leadership. This includes daily staffing and workload updates, along with providing data and explanations for weekly/monthly department performance.
- Partner with internal leaders to plan/support proper workflow management across the DC.
- Ensure department tools, guides, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are up to date.
- Providing updates and recommendations to various operations based on flow and research of volume.
- Able to make clear and concise decisions from a waving strategy and collaborating with operations for alignment and level setting.
- Coaching and developing associates.
- Acts as a coach to their team playing a hands-on roll in their development to build their talent pipeline. They do this by actively developing their team through vision and goals, coaching and feedback.
- Be present and actively engaged daily.
- Provide coaching and performance to production control admins. This includes holding the team accountable to department standards, writing performance reviews, progressive discipline, on-boarding, and transitions for associates.
- Ensure department has accurate and documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for job functions. Make sure admins are being held accountable to following the SOPs.
- Champion building safety throughout the DC.
- Partner with Managers, GM and People Safety to provide a safe working environment for all associates.
- Create a motivational and supportive environment in which employees are challenged, coached, trained and provided with career opportunities; build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Champion lululemon’s culture and core values.
- Mentor, coach and develop the hourly data administrators. This includes creating development plans, the yearly review process, and offering both positive and constructive feedback.
- Lead and support team trainings, team building, and meetings.
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for better ways to operate. Empower and involve your team in the process.
- Champion building safety throughout the DC.
- Bachelor’s/associate’s degree in engineering, supply chain, logistics, operations or relevant on the job experience is a plus.
- 3+ years leadership experience in a distribution center or similar environment.
- Experience with Manhattan WMS required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Warehouse Management Systems. Labor Management System experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule which could include nights, weekends, and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to understand and implement lean methodology and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.