Shipper/Receiver – Edward H Pope Limited.
Founded in 1951, Edward H Pope LTD is the longest established industrial wholesale rep firm in Canada. We offer a wide range of predominately North American made products from our convenient Burlington Ontario location. We are here to support the Canadian distribution network! We Supply a large range of specialty products for Firestop Contractors, Machine shops, Industrial Lubricants, Automotive production facilities, and more!
The role of the shipper is to facilitate all inbound and outbound freight for our Burlington warehouse including packing, repacking, and organizing all products. We are offering competitive compensation for an individual who is an independent self starter with previous shipping/logistics experience, who can handle the stresses, pressures, and physical strain of working solo in a busy role, handing heavy products. Computer proficiency is a must because all our orders require the ability to perform multiple digital transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
This is a position that requires the individual to spend 90% of their day standing, packing, loading, and moving boxes with an average weight of 50lbs a box. ***
Shipping and Receiving Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with the sales team and shipping providers in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized work area.
- Promptly unloads trucks/deliveries, sorts and stocks receivables.
- Maintains accurate records of inventory and performs regular cycle counts of products.
- Brings a positive energy & attitude.
- Know and understand customer requirements in prioritizing workload
- Understand costs of labour and freight and their impact on business
- Understands that working in a small business means wearing multiple hats. – Other duties as required
- Responsible for pack-down, and front facing merchandise as well as general cleaning of the warehouse and other common areas.
- Manages the pick-up/ retail counter in the warehouse, assists walk-in customers to get the products they need.
- Operates the point-of-sale system in the warehouse for walk-in Customers
This position is based in our Burlington facility centrally located off the QEW, which serves as our warehouse and office. This role provides a stable and reasonable schedule. We require our shipper to be available during standard weekday business hours. The position will be 40 hours per week, working 8:30am-5pm and/or 7am -3:30pm depending on the business needs.
Shipping and Receiving Qualifications/Skills:
- Accurately receiving, sorting and stacking incoming stock – both physical organization and digital record keeping.
- Pulling, packing, and loading outgoing stock. Including managing priority orders and arranging shipping with carriers for domestic and international orders.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently while contributing to the team’s goals.
- MUST be comfortable packing, lifting, and safely moving packages more than 50lbs on a continuous basis. (Our average box weight is 35-60 LBS)
- MUST understand that the average day on the job requires 90% standing, lifting, moving, and physical exertion
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 3-5 years shipping/receiving or logistics experience
- Familiarity with shipping software and experience with an inventory management system is definitely an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision + Ship station is a definite asset
- Experience packing and shipping with UPS, FedEx, Purolator, and LTL carriers
- Valid G Drivers License is an asset but not required
- Experience driving Raymond Reach Trucks
- Extensive computer/ data entry skills are a MUST
- Able to work under pressure to meet targets
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Able to organize and utilize allocated space safely and efficiently
- Previous experience with labeling, repacking parts, and experience with barcoded systems would be an asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Heavy product shipping.
- Experience with Odd size product shipping.
- Experience in a Retail construction outlet would be considered an asset
While EHPL is an equal opportunities employer, we do recognize that this role requires certain physical capabilities on a daily basis.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON L7N 3G2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person