Are you a self-motivated, hardworking individual who enjoys being a part of an industry leading service provider? Collectrite Ontario is seeking an experienced Enforcement Assistant to join our growing team.
We are an industry leader in debt collection. With a vibrant and entrepreneurial atmosphere your ideas will be heard and you will have an opportunity to show case your skills and knowledge.
The successful candidate will specialize in helping our clients with quick recovery of unpaid judgements. They will be self-motivated, confident and comfortable in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and be able to think and address problems strategically.
- Manage a high volume of unpaid judgments in accordance with prescribed work-plans as set by the company as well as those set by client directives.
- Communicate regularly with judgment debtors via inbound and outbound calls, email and fax.
- Specialize in the high compliance environment mandated by Legislation and client requirements.
- Must be security conscious and protect the security and integrity of all information.
- Conduct skip trace, asset investigation and review financial documents as required.
- Locate and confirm enforcement avenues, such as a place of employment, active bank accounts &/or property ownership, for the purpose of enforcing a judgment.
- Liaise and collaborate with various third parties involved; debtor’s counsel/lawyer or representatives, bankruptcy trustees, credit counselors, other professionals, court staff, employer payroll managers and sheriff offices throughout the province.
- Collaborate with all internal partners/departments as required to assist with file resolution. Partners include our Legal Team, Team Leads, Managers and Finance.
- Investigate and resolve judgment debtor complaints and follow escalation procedures as required.
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education
- Minimum one year experience in Sales or Customer service.
- Third Party Collections or Accounts Receivable experience an asset
- Post-secondary education in the legal field an asset
- Knowledge of the litigation process and court procedure is an asset
- Intermediate skills using MS Office
- Demonstrate strong negotiating skills and the ability to rationally resolve conflicts
- Ability to speak persuasively and listen critically
- Ability to multi-task, meet and set tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a fast changing environment
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain calm and professional in escalated situations
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow compliance guidelines is critical
The environment is casual, friendly, and geared towards long-term career development. The compensation package includes a competitive base salary, merit pay program, performance bonus, and medical/dental benefits.
Candidates must agree to and successfully pass a criminal record check and credit check to our satisfaction.
Collectrite welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$26.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person