At Netsmart, we value and respect every member of our team, recognizing their contributions. Our office environment is exceptional, offering complimentary food and beverages, as well as various recreational amenities, company gym, and more.
Are you passionate about protecting critical digital assets and staying one step ahead of cyber threats? Do you have a deep understanding of cybersecurity best practices and a strong commitment to keeping organizations safe from cyberattacks? If so, we invite you to join our team as a Cyber Security Specialist.
Who are we?
Netsmart is an I.T. Managed Services Provider, serving Western Canada and the United States. We attribute our continued success to the passion and hard work of our amazing team. We offer a challenging work environment that provides continual learning and skills enhancement through team building, additional training, and on-site experience. Our techs work closely with our clients, both remotely and on-site, to provide superior support and customer service.
Netsmart provides that work culture you have always envisioned, with ongoing billiard, ping pong, and dart tournaments, a big screen with console gaming as well as snacks and beverages and more.
If you are seeking a rewarding career with a dynamic and dedicated team of IT Professionals you should apply today!
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Security Monitoring: Continuously monitor client networks, systems, and applications for signs of suspicious activities or potential security breaches.
- Incident Response: Act as the first line of defense in the event of a cybersecurity incident, coordinating and leading response efforts to mitigate the impact and prevent future occurrences.
- Vulnerability Assessment: Conduct regular vulnerability assessments, phishing, and penetration testing to identify weaknesses client infrastructure and applications, and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Security Policies and Procedures: Develop and enforce security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations and best practices.
- Security Awareness Training: Provide cybersecurity training and awareness programs to educate employees and promote a security-conscious culture within the organization.
- Security Technologies: Evaluate, recommend, and implement security technologies and solutions to enhance our clients security posture.
- Threat Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats and trends, and proactively assess their potential impact on our organization.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant cybersecurity regulations, such as GDPR, HIPAA, or industry-specific standards.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of security incidents, investigations, and remediation efforts for reporting and audit purposes.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to align cybersecurity initiatives with business objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical diploma/degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience in cybersecurity, with at least 5 years of relevant cyber security experience.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, best practices, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in cybersecurity tools and technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus software, and encryption.
- Microsoft 365 and Azure AD experience is a necessity.
- Experience with Cisco/Meraki and Fortinet is an asset.
- Strong technical aptitude, especially relating to PC hardware. Competence with basic hand tools and mechanical aptitude to successfully perform hardware installation and maintenance.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to think critically and make decisions under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance standards related to cybersecurity.
- Ability to adapt to evolving threats and technologies in the cybersecurity landscape.
- Class 5 Drivers License and a reliable vehicle.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen.
- Must be clear and fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Criminal background check required upon offer of employment.
Why work for us?
- Great culture with team building events and great people.
- We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience. Starting salary range of $80,000 - $100,000 annually, with a salary and performance review after 12 months.
- Attractive benefits package including with 100% coverage for Dental, health and many other benefits.
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Work as an IT consultant with the opportunity to build strong relationships with dedicated clients.
- We strive on providing amazing service to our customers.
- Staff and team building events such as go-carts, paintball, pool/dart/ping pong tournaments.
- Flex days
We are excited to welcome new people to our team.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- What is your desired salary for this position?
- It is a requirement to drive to client sites - do you have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle to accomplish this?
- Do you live in Edmonton/Edmonton Area?
- Are you able to provide a Police Information check?
- Cyber Security: 5 years (required)
- English Fluently/Natively (required)
Work Location: In person