- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be remotely based within Canada (except for QC), or onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Annual Base Salary: $73,150 - $82,375 CAD
- Please note that employment is contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks and background checks, including a Canadian criminal background check.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
The Software Developer in the FME Flow Backend team is responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining software features of FME Flow.
The FME Flow team consists of both front-end and back-end developers, UI/UX designers, product owners, quality analysts and co-op student interns that collaborate on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects. The team works in an Agile environment and works closely together to find the best possible solutions to challenging problems.
As a Front End Software Developer I, you will:
- Participate in the development of new functionalities by designing and developing reliable, performant and scalable back-end services and APIs.
- Participate in every aspect of the development cycle, including refining specifications with the Product Manager, developing clean and maintainable code, writing unit tests, doing code reviews, and maintaining and improving existing code.
- Collaborate, support and share expertise with other team members.
- Investigate, evaluate the impact and resolve anomalies and bugs in live applications.
- Maintain and continuously improve the applications architecture and infrastructure to achieve high availability and low latency.
Safers come from a variety of backgrounds with a diversity in skills and knowledge. That said, we find that those who are most successful in this role have experience with the following areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a related role.
- Strong understanding and proficiency in using Java.
- Knowledge of Spring Framework
- Strong understanding of data structures, object-oriented programming concepts, design patterns and distributed systems.
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, and modern best practices.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of high-availability, monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience in writing automated tests (unit, integration) with Junit and Mockito, and strive to always do so.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong willingness to learn and the ability to adapt well to change.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others, share ideas, and exchange meaningful feedback with colleagues.
Desired skills / Bonus points:
- Experience with microservices, containerized applications, Docker/Kubernetes, cloud technologies is an asset
- Experience using Tomcat Java application server is an asset.
When you choose a career with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Make a profound impact across our business, workplace and data integration product.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and team support.
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of a team that finds meaningful ways to give back. Take the day off to volunteer for a cause that matters to you or join our D&I Committee and shape our collective future.
- Learning & Career Development: We believe in your continuous learning and growth. Take advantage of an annual learning budget and training programs paid for by Safe.
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexible and remote-friendly work arrangements to fit your lifestyle. Work when you want, and how you want to.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Enjoy 3 weeks of vacation to recharge, plus an additional paid 6 seasonal days off per year.
- Health & Wellness: Extended health, dental and counseling benefits from day 1. That’s right, no waiting period.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing and RRSP/TFSA matching program.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected].