The Primary function will be to set up and operate various machines/tools. Fit and assemble parts to repair electrical and mechanical equipment. Work from specifications and drawings or sample parts - written or verbal.
- Dismantling and assembly of various rotating equipment
- Study and interpret drawings, blueprints, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, tools to be used, materials for the job and setup requirements.
- Set up machining equipment utilized by the organization to ensure equipment operations at accepted standards for the type of tooling being used.
- Provide verification of dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments.
- Fit and assemble machine components and parts to industry standards.
- Ensure work piece dimensions are correct and establish tolerance criteria.
- Measure, examine and test completed parts, identifying defects, and ensuring conformance to specifications and blueprints.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Measure and mark dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to ensure quality of production. Report all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with provincial and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations.
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices.
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry standards and practices.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in a related field preferred.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Minimum of 1-year experience operating machines such as lathes and milling machines
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Accurate and highly analytical.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring apprentices.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Since 1858, Wajax has been a leading industrial products and solutions provider continually innovating to serve Canadian industry coast-to-coast. We work in an extensive range of industries and core sectors of the Canadian economy including energy and renewables, food and beverage, construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, forestry, mining, metal processing, and oil and gas – to name a few. Everything we do is powered by people passionate about making a difference and who are dedicated to driving Canadian industry forward. People who provide the experience and expertise that support the industries that build our cities, power our businesses, put a roof over our heads and food on our tables.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.”
- Competitive health and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility (100% employer paid premiums), plus health spending account.
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Exclusive discounts with a variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program, pet insurance, footwear & workwear, fitness membership, perkopolis, and more.
- Recognition program where points are earned for merchandise or gift certificates, plus cash awards.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Award-Winning Health and Wellness Program
By working with Wajax, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.