We’re always on the lookout for talented front-end developers to join our team. Think you’d make a valuable addition? Let us know what sets you apart and we’ll get in touch! This is a full-time position that is open to local (Kelowna, B.C.) candidates, as well we offer hybrid and remote work options for those who prefer it.
Acro Media is seeking a Senior Front-end Developer with an eye for design and a passion for website usability and accessibility to help create our clients’ dynamic & interactive ecommerce websites.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in front-end web development, be a detail-oriented team player with the ability to effectively manage their time. We’re looking for someone who is creative by nature and can bring those qualities to the web.
We value Front-end expertise over a broad range of full-stack skills. We’re looking for quality code, structured markup, pixel-perfect styling, with a focus on usability, accessibility and site performance. As a member of our front-end production team, we expect a strong ability to communicate with your teammates, peers, clients, and project managers.
Important note: Preference will be given to Drupal experience, React experience, and those who display strong attention to detail and code-quality hand-coding websites. We like frameworks, but show us what can you do without one.
- Building responsive solutions that scale and maintain consistent user experiences across devices
- Collaborate with clients and internal team members to deliver top-notch projects
- Estimate tasks and prioritize your workload using project management software (GitLab, Jira)
- Constant feedback around tasks, blockers, and being transparent about progress
- Configure content management system UI’s, thinking about the end user
- Provide peer code reviews and client training
- Collaborate on internal UX department documentation and best practices
- Be a good-natured person who can give and receive constructive feedback
- Be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to work with responsive designs for use across multiple devices
- Ability to translate UI design concepts into pixel-perfect markup and styling
- Good understanding of accessibility (WCAG) best practices
- Ability to provide an accurate time estimate for completing tasks
- Ability to work within defined code standards, double-checking your work
- Ability to work in a team environment where peer review and client feedback is expected
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workloads, being transparent about progress
- Ability to speak English fluently
- Nice to have experience with
- Drupal Experience (configuration & theming using PHP/Twig)
- Testing Frameworks (Cypress, React Testing Library, Enzyme, etc.)
- Frontend Frameworks (Bootstrap, MUI, etc.)
- Package/Library Managers (Composer, Yarn, npm, etc.)
- Continuous Integration Pipelines and Compilers (Gulp, Grunt, etc.)
- Ecommerce Platforms (Drupal Commerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.)
- Data Formats (JSON, YAML, etc.)
- Analytics Tools (Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Lighthouse, etc.)
- Design Tools (Photoshop, Figma, InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Being creative (Drawing, painting, music, etc.)
- 3+ years developing hand-coded responsive websites
- MUST have code samples showing off your work
- Nice to have
- Design or UI/UX experience or portfolio
- Ecommerce experience
- Marketing experience
- App development experience (mobile, progressive web apps, etc.)
Given the often isolated nature of working remotely, we value remote employees who are keen to get involved, communicate effectively via email, chat, and other online tools, and who aren’t afraid to show their face on a webcam. We want you to be part of our team — not just a fly on the wall.
- Candidates may be asked to complete a code challenge to test skills (time to be compensated)
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We'll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well, we've got a program for that too!
- Remote work: Flexibility is one of our core values, and so we understand that productivity is influenced by a healthy, rested mind. Each position at Acro Media can be done from the comfort of your home office, if you like, or if you would prefer to work from our Kelowna office, you can do that too, it’s a personal choice! Please note some of our client contracts require staff to be located in Canada, so while remote work is available, most positions require you to legally be able to work within Canada.
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks, and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, and a laugh - no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we sometimes make you wear costumes.
- Professional development: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team's personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it's training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
- Employee stipend: Eligible employees are able to access an employee stipend account after 6 months of employment! This account allows our team members to purchase hardware, software, and training courses, it even allows for RRSP matching!
All careers come with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).