MicroSurvey Software builds verticalized product lines for the Surveying and Public Safety markets. We’re looking for a Technical Sales Representative to join our CAN/US surveying sales team.
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for operating in an individual sales territory to yield profitable sales and sales growth. You will call on existing and potential customers in North America's surveying, construction, and civil engineering segments. In addition to keeping your existing client base satisfied, you will eagerly search for opportunities to add new customers and grow your territory. The key to success is to increase market share for new and existing products, meet or exceed annual sales and profit margin goals, and work towards all customers being repeat customers.
Candidates can work out of our Kelowna main office in British Columbia or remotely anywhere in North America (with approval).
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Develop territory sales and meet sales objectives for their region (70%)
- Able to develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts (direct and dealer); prospecting and soliciting new accounts (direct and dealer); building rapport with all prospects.
- Service existing customers in the territory by building relationships with key customers, suppliers, and industry associations. Consultative selling and promotion of MicroSurvey Software products and services within customer segments in the assigned territory
- Identify client requirements and proactively and professionally recommend and sell programs, products, and services.
- Proposing solutions to customers by providing technical information, guidance, and demonstrations of MicroSurvey software.
- Respond to inbound leads, make regular outbound calls, and cold calls and prospect for new business
- Provide regular forecast and sales pipeline updates to the Sales Manager
- Plan and conducts programs and activities (focused regional marketing efforts and campaigns, regional training efforts and dealer and customer demonstrations and meetings etc.) that will drive the growth of the MicroSurvey brand in the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows for territory as required.
Account management (10%)
- Serves as the primary point of contact for their accounts and dealers.
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts for new business (add-on sales, cross-product sales, new product needs etc.)
- Alert internal teams to lost sales opportunities and the associated reasons, identify and report changing customer or market needs that require multifunctional team approach or development efforts to ensure the team sets priorities and objectives to drive future sales.
Business Planning and territory management (10%)
- Develops an Annual Business Plan for the Territory, focusing on business planning steps within the span of control, as well as needs from cross-functional partners.
- Provides analytic insight on customer needs and territory data, reports issues and opportunities, utilizing all available company resources.
- Reports new product ideas/suggestions, market trends and competition.
- Utilizes CRM (ACT) to document all communication and opportunity in the territory.
- Sends a monthly and quarterly business update report to the Sales Manager.
- Completes and submits Expense Reports as required
- Manages demo and loaner equipment or sample requests.
- Participates in sales meetings to report on overall territory status and provide feedback.
Characteristics and Skills
- Very high level of customer focus
- Results-oriented and a strong desire to win
- Self-motivating and strong work ethic
- In-depth knowledge of the sales process, negotiating, and demonstrated closing skills
- Not afraid of the phone and making calls. Strong belief in prospecting for leads.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. High English proficiency is a must.
- Technically strong with computers and software and excellent at demoing software
- Ability to travel within Canada and the USA.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary school education (Technical Diploma or Degree) with emphasis on any of the following disciplines
- Surveying or Geomatics,
- Must have three to five years of work, business development or sales experience in a related field
Preference will be given to candidates with existing sales experience of geospatial products such as CAD, data collection, least squares, GIS and other market or segment-related products.
- Experience with MicroSurvey solutions such as MicroSurvey CAD, STAR*NET or FieldGenius is an asset.
MicroSurvey Software offers a competitive salary and benefits package. MicroSurvey’s headquarters is in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Kelowna, BC, Canada. We offer flexible work arrangements, including working in our office or remotely from home. MicroSurvey is also part of the Hexagon group of companies.
MicroSurvey Software is part of Hexagon.
Follow us on:
MicroSurvey is always on the lookout for qualified people looking for a unique and satisfying work environment. If you are interested in joining our company, please email [email protected]
with your cover letter and resume. Please add "Sales Representative" to the email subject line.