Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Palliative Care team in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
- Practices in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care
- Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs
- Demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities
Palliative care nurses provide end-of-life care in the home setting throughout the South Okanagan. Home health nursing experience is an asset.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days rotating from 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
The city of Penticton is located in BC’s scenic south central region in the Okanagan Valley. With its mild climate, easy accessibility, urban amenities and world-class recreational opportunities, it offers an attractive lifestyle. Boating, windsurfing, hiking and skiing are among the numerous outdoor leisure pursuits enjoyed here.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Candidates must also hold a valid B.C. driver’s license and may need to use their personal vehicle.