We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Client Services, Financial team is responsible for managing the Bank's in-force accounts and requests for money movement, bank clearing functions and closing of accounts. This includes deposit accounts (business and personal), mortgage accounts, legal documents, GICs, TFSAs, RRSPs, RRIFs, incoming/outgoing wires and both investment and RRSP loans. This team also handles our Premier Client Group and other High Net Worth requests.
This team is a dedicated group of individuals with a strong customer focus accountable for managing inquiries, communications (telephone and written responses) and processing for all inforce Manulife Bank accounts. Partnering with a Manila processing team (who manage the routine intake and processing of work), this team works closely with financial advisors and their clients to facilitate non-routine transactions. They also provide knowledgeable support to our National Account/Corporate Account back office business partners, Service Centre partners, FSST team and other Manulife business units.
- Accountable for all not in good order (NIGO) and complex transactions for in force accounts while working within prescribed accuracy, productivity and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Follow CPA rules, AML guidelines and Bank regulations to mitigate risk to the Bank
- Ensure enhanced due diligence is applied for Related Parties, Politically Exposed People, and High Risk clients
- Respond to inquiries from advisors, back office and clients for NIGO requirements, facilitating the situation until resolution. Relationship management is key, through communication and responses to advisors and clients on NIGO requirements.
- Ensure work is prioritized and managed efficiently throughout the day as the majority of transactions must be completed same day.
- Empowered to make decisions on exception requests when it is in the best interest of both the client and business, using sound risk assessment.
- Make recommendations for process improvements
- Participate in Operational Risk Reviews for the functions within Client Services Financial and support in the implementation of action plans to address areas of risk.
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak seasons and in high volume situations
Consistently meeting Quality scores of 98%.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years previous industry or customer-centric service experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated passion for providing customer centric solutions
Knowledge of geography specific financial, securities, and tax regulations
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
CAN, Ontario, Waterloo, 500 King Street North
Salary range is expected to be between
$41,025.00 CAD - $68,375.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.