We are a group of misfits, rebels, and outside-of the-box thinkers that believe in creating a judgment-free safe space for everyone to find their true voices. MavTek is how career-defining change is invented, where connections are made for life, and bravery in all forms is celebrated. We're fostering an environment of supportive growth where all team members can discover and realize their maximum potential.
Specializing in the building of comprehensive eCommerce platforms, our e-commerce social platform is disrupting the work of monetized content delivery and changing people's lives by pursuing their passions.
We're looking for a brilliant Senior Backend Developer to join us.
Our approach to a people-first mentality is having the right people in the right roles. We take our time getting to know our candidates, because we want to do it right, and we want you to know we're committed to growing together. Our hiring process is not easy. We are very demanding and looking for out-of-the-box thinkers that have a positive and uplifting attitude. If you have a high IQ & EQ, we think you would fit right in. We expect excellence as we will be investing in you as much as you will in us. If that resonates, we want to hear from you.
We believe in the redistribution of wealth and giving back as much as possible to our team members, that includes:
- 4 Day Work Week ((work 32h get paid for 40h)
- Competitive salary & generous vacation packages
- Remote work policy
- RRSP & DPSP plan to help you prepare for your future
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Home office subsidy, in addition to the essentials including laptop & accessories
- An environment where you can grow and gain opportunities for development and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous referral program
What your day-to-day life at MavTek looks like:
- Actively engage in Scrum ceremonies alongside your team; collaborate and share progress reports with your colleagues, effectively troubleshoot any challenges, synchronize endeavours towards sprint objectives and advance in accordance with agile principles
- Contribute high-quality code to large and medium-sized features, taking control of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from planning to release
- Contribute to system architecture discussions and future technical roadmap, whilst being able to balance business needs and technical needs
- Review team members' pull requests, maintain constructive feedback and help assess testing or security risks across the work being produced
- Improve the observability across our AWS CloudWatch & Datadog solutions and help mitigate errors through o11y and identify/assess/respond to incidents, as needed
- Engage in discussions and work collaboratively with the Product team to assess usability, feasibility, planning, and implementation.
Enough about us, we want to know more about you
- Strong background in NodeJS, and basic knowledge of PHP, as the team uses these interchangeably. However, our technical direction points to NodeJS+Typescript, yet you'll find some legacy projects across other programming languages such as PHP, Python, and Java
- You believe in the value of tests, be it unit, integration, acceptance, or other, and you actively implement design patterns, and your preferred style of working is to integrate these alongside your code
- Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud and are comfortable designing solutions in the cloud and working with Infrastructure-as-Code, Serverless, and observability
- You are perfectly comfortable with a "you build it, you own it" mindset
- You value and seek individual contributions but you also understand team deliverables have a larger and more substantial impact.
Language of work for positions permanently located in Quebec
Knowledge of French is required for positions permanently located in Quebec so candidates can communicate with their colleagues and suppliers in Quebec as necessary. French-language training is offered to all in permanent positions in Quebec who do not have a good knowledge of French.
Other language requirement
Another language is required for this position in order to communicate with clients, partners, and colleagues, who are predominantly located outside Quebec. The company has just one client in Quebec but is responsible for the technical support that this client provides to its subscribers, almost all of whom are located outside Quebec. It must therefore constantly use another language to communicate outside Quebec with these subscribers.
Dedicated to both your career and personal growth, we offer the chance to constantly learn, develop and create a well-rounded entrepreneurial skillset. We are shaping future business owners and leaders who will redefine the corporate world.
MavTek strongly supports growth and equal opportunities for all our communities.
Together, We Get It Done!