The Senior System Administrator will provide technical mentorship and training to IT and company employees. This will include implementing best practices, leading by example, encouragement, and guidance using clear and concise communication skills.
They will have day-to-day technical ownership of all technology services and assist in the execution of strategic initiatives with Technology Leadership.
Their duties also include proactively improving the performance of systems through analytics, automation of repetitive tasks, and providing technical support to users.
- Evaluate, install, and maintain computer software, hardware, and operating systems
- Lead system and network maintenance and support
- Monitor, analyze, and proactively action all technical systems
- Continual review of systems for security risks, optimizations, and automation
- Perform server and information backups and recovery operations
- Create and maintain technical documentation, manuals, policies, and user training
- Provide technical training to company staff as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve user technical issues
- Travel to other company sites as needed to support business operations and staff (10-30%)
Education: Degree or Diploma in a related technology field
· 5+ years of proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
· 5+ years of experience with scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc.)
· Proven experience as a Subject Matter Expert in any technical discipline
· Experience with analytics and risk reduction in a technical environment
· Experience with custom software, databases, networks (LAN, WAN), and patch management
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Familiarity with computer hardware and software – network devices, security, storage, cloud technologies, end user devices
· Knowledge of system and network security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
· Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
· Familiar with Enterprise-level technical operations and day-to-day support functions
· Proactive and effective communication - ability to communicate with internal and external personnel, liaise with multiple stakeholders to rectify discrepancies and ensure data accuracy
· Expected to operate with minimal direction by Senior and Management resources.
· Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
· Excellent communication skills
Fraud Warning: Any genuine offer from Delnor will always be preceded by a formal application and face-to-face interviews. We do not ask for banking information, request money, or forward applicant information so that the immigration process can commence. Please be advised that these offers and asks for information should be considered fraudulent.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6B 2T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- system administration: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person