Who We Are
Rumor Avenue is a creative product studio that supports multiple high-growth tech startups, agencies and Fortune 500 companies. We are unique in our approach in terms of design, development, strategy and product vision. We partner with mission driven ideas that make the world a better place.
At Rumor Avenue, we operate three different verticals:
Our designers and developers work harmoniously together and combine ideation and innovation to tackle any design and development challenge and turn them into incredible products.
Spread the joy. We invest, fund or acquire tech startups that we truly believe in to help them reach their full potential.
Our distinct position as a strategic brand partner allows us to attract top talent from our extensive, diverse network in order to facilitate top talent hires. We have a deep understanding of what makes great talent and also have experience supporting offshore and near shore team augmentation.
Rumor Avenue is a supportive yet challenging workplace. You’ll work with not only co-workers, but friends and mentors who will support you and your personal goals. We believe that in order to build the best products, we must first build a transparent, collaborative, and high impact team.
We are looking for a rockstar senior software developer who is an expert in React with full stack experience to join our team. You will be working with the engineering manager on designing, developing, iterating and deploying complex web applications. This position will support one of our emerging MIT startup clients involved in the Air Cargo industry. Ideal for someone who can work EST timezone full time.
NOTE: this job requires you to have experience in logistics (bonus if it is also in Air Cargo).
- Work with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with outside partners to bring products from inception to launch.
- Collect, research and document user requirements for the software being developed
- Help scope, design, prototype and engineer products at a fast pace.
- Coordinate and communicate specifications with other programming teams including help problem solve.
- Create various tests for the software to ensure optimum performance and quality
- Help support our other group of companies and partners
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation for our end users
- Drive the quality and code standards & best practices of the React apps
- Resides in Canada
- Experience in logistics (bonus if it is also in Air Cargo).
- Is a React expert
- 5+ years development experience on web applications
- Experience in designing REST and tRPC APIs
- Full-Stack experience with Typescript, React/Next.JS, Node.JS, Postgres, Git and AWS (or similar & comparable technologies.)
- Experience with distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience in core product delivery is a huge plus.
- Previous complex platform development experience
- This position can either be salaried or contract
- Minimum one year term
- Remote option and flexible hours
- Full time (40 hours per week)
- Flexible vacation policy
- If salaried - health/dental coverage + learning and personal development credit
- The team is in EST timezone
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How comfortable are you with React/Node/Typescript?
- Tell us about a time you have deployed a scalable large project
- Describe a complex technical challenge you encountered and how you overcame it.
- Are you available to work full-time (EST)?
- What is your salary expectation (annual)?
- Do you have experience in logistics (bonus if it is also in Air Cargo)?
Work Location: Remote