Draganfly Inc. (the “Company”) has been a recognized technology leader within the commercial UAV space for over two decades. We helped establish the commercial market & adoption of multi-rotor helicopters for public safety, agriculture, aerial imaging, & more. As a leader who helped shape the industry, Draganfly’s focus is on the sale of drone products and services, contract engineering & custom integration product development, and health monitoring products and services.
About the Role:
We are seeking a dedicated Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will possess a keen understanding of software development principles, demonstrate innovative problem-solving skills, and have a passion for creating high-quality software applications. As a software developer, you’ll become a key contributor where your skill and input make a big difference. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop, design and display of robotic control solutions.
Your specific responsibilities will include designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining features for Draganfly’s helicopters, airplanes, ground robots and Lidar products. Our team is responsible for features such as UI development, remote control, video and photographic capture, and live streaming applications.
We are looking for someone located in Vancouver (or Greater Vancouver Area) Hybrid, remote or in-office options are available. If a remote environment is preferred by the candidate, there will be a need to go
into the office to complete testing as needed.
- Design, code, test, and debug new software programs, algorithms and applications, while also making enhancements to existing software.
- Test, maintain,and modify both in-house and open-source code
- Work with hardware to test code and software's being built.
- Analyze data and log files.
- Collaborate with the team to determine project requirements and convert them into robust software functionality.
- Ensure software consistency and maintainability by creating clear and comprehensive documentation.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and best practices to maximize development efficiency.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain code quality standards.
- Provide technical support to internal teams or clients as necessary.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to plan, design, develop, and test software components.
- Stay up to date with industry developments and emerging trends to ensure the software remains current.
- Other job-related duties as required.
- By way of example without limitation you may be asked to assist with the testing of product including the field setup and tear-down, monitoring telemetry during flights, etc.
But Who Are You Really?
- Efficiency- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Intelligence- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Analytical Skills- Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Communication- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email
- Attention to detail- Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence-Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Time management- Skills enabling on-time project delivery.
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in a related field
- Highly skilled in C and C++
- Strong background with video streaming technologies (h.264, RTSP, etc) and with ethernet network and TCP/UDP protocols
- Highly proficient with Linux operating systems and GIT
- Kernel space and user space
- Development experience on embedded Linux platforms
- General knowledge with the use of Raspberry Pi hardware
Nice to haves:
- GUI development with Android, .NET, and Qt frameworks
- Familiarity with boost libraries
- Embedded “bare metal”development experience preferred
- Experience with drones and/or model aircraft
- Experience with MAVLINK, PX4/Ardupilot/OpenTX
- Android and IOS app development
- Embedded Webpage development with communications to hardware
- Understanding GNSS / NMEA messages and the parsing of these messages.
- Experience in using JIRA and Confluence or similar issue tracking software systems
Some Perks You Can Expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Equity Compensation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00-$125,000.00 per year