Refrigerative Supply Limited is a family business owned by Alison Hamilton and Linda Gibbs. The business was founded by Peter Gibbs' and Alison Hamilton's parents, Jack and Elizabeth Gibbs. In 1949 they acquired the four-year-old Vancouver branch of an American-based company. From this modest beginning, the Company now has a Head Office in Burnaby, Eighteen Branches, and Four other Distribution Centers. We are committed to remaining a family business and are proud to have the third generation working in the business. The company's mantra is to ‘inspire excellence and trust’ by providing creative solutions and unrivalled experiences, in-store and online, that make RSL the choice for customers, suppliers, and employees at every location. For more information, please visit: www.rsl.ca
Our purpose is to provide the highest quality HVAC and Refrigeration experience in Canada.
To be the environment that inspires excellence and trust within our community.
Gracious, Collaborative, Courageous, Innovative, Community Focused and Exceptional Experience
Scope of the position
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for sales of HVAC/R parts, equipment, and supplies over the phone and in person at the sales counter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding orders, deliveries, parts identification, warranties, and stock availability.
- Actively makes customers aware of product promotions.
- Proactive in assisting the warehouse with shipping and receiving parts, supplies, and equipment.
- Receives and processes customer orders.
- Is constructive and proactive in providing feedback on inventory levels within the branch.
- Diligent with the accuracy of inventory within the branch
- Assists with merchandising of products in the showroom (replenishment, arrangement)
- Informs customers of standard procedures or resolution of the problem.
- Determines the best method to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and company adherence to policies.
- Practices safe material handling techniques.
- Generates invoices for counter sales orders.
- Participate in a call schedule for after-hours customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Demonstrates an understanding of effective selling methods.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of HVAC/R sales experience.
- Possesses good knowledge of most HVAC/R systems and the ability to demonstrate and discuss with customers.
- Have a working knowledge and complete understanding of how to process orders, quotes, credits, and backorders on the computer.
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing, and stocking procedures.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Works easily with others in a high-paced work environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (verbal, written, and listening).
- Be energetic and self-motivated.
- Maintain a business-like manner at all times.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Possesses basic Microsoft Office skills.
What we offer:
It's not all about work. That's why we support and recognize our team members with a range of benefits:
- RSL is an entrepreneurial company - we don't micromanage
- Embark on a continuous development journey. You have access to $3,500 annually to invest in your professional growth.
- 3 weeks vacation
- 3 personal obligation days
- Wellness Account
- Stay healthy with our rich benefits package
- Protect your future with our Pension plan
- Access a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program.
Refrigerative Supply Limited is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.