The Admissions Officer provides diversified clerical support to the Admissions Office. Responsibilities include processing and responding to inquiries and applications concerning undergraduate and graduate admissions, creating student files, entering, and maintaining student records in CRM Recruit and Ellucian Colleague database, and advising students regarding admission requirements, registration, and other institutional resources.
This position is supervised by the Associate Director of Admissions and works closely with other departments related to their duties (i.e., Marketing, Enrollment Services, and Faculty).
1. Process applications, acknowledges receipt of applications, produces student files and correlates transcripts and test scores with files in preparation for evaluation. Verify the authenticity of documents received from or on authorized behalf of applicants.
2. Provide outstanding customer service, maintaining contact with prospective students and applicants, including follow-up letters indicating the receipt of an application, incomplete applications (missing documents) and completed files.
3. Review transcripts, evaluate applicants’ academic record, calculate overall grade point averages, and determine the eligibility of an application to be considered for admission.
4. Monitor daily statistics of incoming applications, help prioritize work for certain application types.
5. Perform application reviews in CRM Recruit and exporting data into Ellucian Colleague database.
6. Generate decision letters and communication as directed by the Associate Director of Admissions.
7. Assist in preparing transfer credits files for admissions evaluation and update student system with approved evaluations.
8. Liaise with other departments to coordinate and support University events that relate to Admissions.
9. Prepare acceptance packages and courier to various countries if required.
10. Make independent admission decisions to admit or refuse applicants to University programs based on established University guidelines.
11. Calculate domestic and international student grade point averages.
12. Recommend students who do not meet established prerequisites to Faculty Admissions Reviewing Committees and provide sufficient evidence of credentials to warrant a consideration for acceptance.
13. Review and evaluate applications to ensure academic requirements and pre-requisites have been met.
14. Research, review, and analyze admissions criteria from national and international institutions.
15. Assist in preparing transfer credits files including initial assessment, coordination with faculty evaluators, assignment of transfer credit, and maintenance of transfer credit databases.
16. Perform other work-related admissions office related duties as assigned.
Direction to Others:
Provide training to Admissions team members as necessary.
1. Knowledge of Admissions policies and procedures, and capable of communicating the same, particularly related to registration and database maintenance.
2. Capable of accurately maintaining student database.
3. Capable of personalizing form letters.
4. Capable of drafting forms and general information memos and letters.
5. Capable of working with and maintaining spreadsheets.
6. Capable of interacting successfully with the public under a variety of circumstances.
7. Must be able to follow through with responsibilities and interact effectively with co-workers.
1. High School or GED required.
2. Completion of business courses related to administrative and general office skills or demonstrated equivalency through work experience. College credits preferred. Associate or bachelor’s degree a plus.
3. Minimum two years of experience in the office environment, preferably at an educational institution.
4. Proficiency utilizing computer systems for data management, word processing and other applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with Ellucian Colleague database is preferred.
5. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
6. Strong proofreading skills, exceptional attention to detail.
7. Familiarity with a college environment, as a student or as an employee, to understand the processes performed in an Admissions office.
8. Canadian residency or work permit required.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Insurance Number.
Posting Date: 09/27/2021 Special Instructions to Applicants: Application Types Accepted: Application for Employment