Fatigue Science is the leading provider of predictive fatigue software in heavy industry, elite sports, and military. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we build SaaS software powered by machine learning and scientifically validated bio-mathematical models to quantify and predict the cumulative effects of sleep disruption on human reaction time and cognitive fatigue.
Our solutions enable organizations to optimize operations, reduce risk, and drive performance and productivity improvements — both at an individual and enterprise level. With proven impact, return on investment, and significant and growing traction in heavy industry, military, and elite sports, Fatigue Science serves cutting-edge organizations who understand the importance of sleep as well as the value of data-driven decision-making.
As a Senior React Developer you will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of the Readi applications. You will be responsible for developing new features and maintaining the front-end Readi web application, which contains a suite of analytics and supervisor tools. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the IoT space and work as part of a diverse and fast-paced engineering team.
We are looking for a Senior React Developer to work as an integral part of a small and passionate engineering team - the ideal candidate will embrace collaborative innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Working on different aspects of the core product will involve a mix of front-end and back-end work.
- Design and implement web application features
- Stay up to date with the latest front-end and fullstack development principles
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Collaborate with product management and engineering team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Present and defend designs, key milestones, and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Participate in engineering discussions and activities relating to database and cloud infrastructure
Skills and Qualifications
- B.Sc Computing Science, B.Eng Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 4 years experience in developing web applications, preferably leveraging React
- Hands-on experience implementing component based UI frameworks such as material-ui.
- Good knowledge and understanding of user-centred design techniques and principles and being able to design web and desktop applications that achieve their goals and deliver the intended user experience
- Prior experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience managing databases – MySQL or otherwise
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails will be an advantage
- Being proactive and able to work independently on a project
A flexible and cohesive work environment is offered. You will work with a dedicated team who thrive on learning from and mentoring each other.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.