Western Group of Companies is currently seeking a Computer Support Specialist to join our team.
A Computer Support Specialist supports businesses with computers, networks and IT systems efficiently and safely. Duties include managing and maintaining a company's computer systems, carrying out IT upgrades, troubleshooting problems and providing training to other employees on how to use computer systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Designs new computer systems to the organization’s specifications
- Provides phone call and email support
- Provides telephone and online support for remote users working with our software applications
- Provides resolution of basic security related issues such as malware detection and password reset
- Analyzes and determines service priorities, plan daily schedule, investigate user complaints, troubleshoot, and resolve system/hardware/software problems
- Conducts system monitoring and reporting on hardware, software, phone system and network resources and data center operations to ensure a high level of availability, performance, security and integrity
- Participates in disaster recovery activities and special projects as required
- Manages active directory objects
- Monitors security systems
- Upgrade existing systems to improve performance
- Create and execute plans to combat security risks
- Design and implement phone systems
- Identify and troubleshoot technical problems
- Provide backup solutions
- Test and analyze network connections
- Implement and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365 throughout the organization
- Manage WAN including site to site VPNs between locations and Incoming client VPNs
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education & Skills:
2-year Computer Support or Network orientated diploma or Computer Science Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent experience
- Ability to problem solve, multitask, and pay attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate IT solutions clearly to employees
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Ability to provide a certificate of conduct
We are a diverse group of locally-owned companies in the automotive, construction, and recreation industries. We offer an attractive benefits package including health and dental insurance and an RRSP plan.
Our vision is to have the most loyal customers by providing the best ownership experience and an outstanding place to work.
Come join our team today!