At Caesars Windsor, it’s our mission to inspire grown-ups to play! One of nearly 40 Caesars Entertainment properties worldwide, we create memorable experiences, personalize rewards, and delight every guest, and every team member, every time. Our code of commitment and six core values guide our strategies and how we work together as a team. Those values are: Celebrate Success, Integrity, Service with Passion, Diversity, Caring Culture and Ownership.
Reporting to the Service Support Manager, Windsor Casino Limited, the Technical Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise in supporting desktop hardware/software, communication devices and peripherals. Additionally, responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting issues with security patching, antivirus protection and server backup systems as directed by the System Administrator or Manager Server/Desktop Systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, administers, tests, maintains and troubleshoots desktop hardware/software and peripherals, telecommunication equipment, wireless communication peripherals and physical network/telecommunications wiring while adhering to defined SOPs and policies.
- Liaises with users, vendors and colleagues to gather information and assess needs.
- Evaluates End User hardware/software requirements/upgrades and coordinates with Project Manager and Systems Administrator to ensure the most cost effective solutions.
- Monitors, tests, develops, installs and analyzes current and custom programs to ensure successful operation of Casino Windsor LAN/WAN networks, telephone, radio and wirefree systems.
- Maintains updates to the PC Standards Configuration Installation Procedures as requested.
- Assists in moving hardware and maintains information in the inventory tracking system to keep track of current users and user locations, call resolutions, troubleshooting tips.
- Provides training and support to users.
- Assists in the testing process of business application software to verify connectivity and compatibility with existing software and drivers.
- Troubleshoots, recommends solutions and resolves issues for PC and network problems.
- Maintains current inventory of all desktop hardware, software, licenses and schedules with key personnel for the replacement of end of lease IT equipment.
- Provides Service Desk with documentation regarding troubleshooting of desktop and peripherals issues.
- Researches and evaluates desktop support and maintenance tools to improve efficiency.
- Assists in the coordination of equipment repairs with vendors.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of technology as it relates to End User hardware/software.
- Installs and maintains wireless PC communications systems and component.
- Coordinates with the System Administrators to ensure that new security policies, procedures and patching are adhered to and kept up to date.
- Coordinates with System Administrator to ensure that the antivirus protection is applied to all applicable network connected devices. Ensuring that the antivirus solution is kept up to date with the latest patch levels from the antivirus vendor.
- Complies with Windsor Casino Limited policies and procedures.
- Performs any and all related tasks as assigned by management.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Equivalent to a College Diploma in a related field of study and /or Microsoft Certified Professional with A+ certification or equivalent to a technological/trade certificate in Communication Technology and/or a related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a communication systems environment in a large organization, experience repairing, maintaining and upgrading industry standard PC hardware/software/operating systems or experience deemed acceptable by Windsor Casino Limited.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Utilities including network fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge using word processing applications, spread-sheeting applications, data base applications, industry related software applications and e-mail applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain a Gaming Employee License.
- Must be able to work various shifts for roll outs and upgrades as required.
- Must possess a good attendance record as stipulated in the Casino Windsor Non-Union Attendance Management policy. Anyone with over 5 occurrences will not be considered.
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is frequently required. (i.e. more than 75% of time on the job)
- Must possess a good attendance record as stipulated in the Casino Windsor Non-Union Attendance Management Policy. Anyone with over 5 occurrences will not be considered.
Applicants must be at least 19 years of age to work for Caesars Windsor
Caesars Windsor has created policies and procedures to meet the required Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please contact us in order to determine an acceptable format.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Work Location: In person