Why Area Rugs?
Our attitude, approach, and entrepreneurial spirit set us apart from our competitors. We know our success comes from our people and we place a high emphasis on their well-being. Area Rug Shop is rapidly growing as a company and we believe in surrounding ourselves with like-minded individuals who have the drive to help achieve our vision. We care about our employees, which is why we believe in personal and professional growth and will work diligently to provide the support needed for you to reach your goals.
Who are you?
Are you passionate about design? Do you love working with people and providing unparalleled customer service? Does discovering beautiful products excite you? Do you enjoy problem-solving? Are you the type of person who thrives in organizations that are constantly adapting and evolving? Are you self-motivated? If you are someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun, then this is an opportunity for you to build on your already strong skill set, take on responsibilities, and continuously grow, with a company that is fast-paced, diverse, and family-oriented.
- 2+ years experience in sales and customer service
- Experience and/or knowledge of interior design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (required)
- Exceptional organizational skills with task prioritization, multi-tasking, and strong time management techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of personal integrity
- Must be able to work with little supervision and must be self-directed
- Must be able to consistently lift 40-50lbs
- Should be comfortable with heights and climbing ladders
What will you do?
The Sales Representative role has many diverse and interesting responsibilities, which include:
- Welcome all walk-in customers and serve as the first point of contact for the Area Rug Shop showroom customers and call-ins
- Leadership that demonstrates a high level of customer service to assist in client decor needs
- Possess design expertise and excellent product knowledge in the industry
- Administer, verify, and communicate accurate and detailed product information to customers.
- Assist customers with design recommendations and solutions.
- Maintain relationships with existing client list; develop new clients through various industry sources
- Ensure showroom cleanliness is maintained to guarantee a wonderful client experience
- Maintain accurate records of requests for information and obtain purchase orders and/or deposits in a timely manner
- Other duties as required
Perks and Benefits:
Global Commission Structure
Commitment to professional growth
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person