Manager, site and clinical services
The world could use more good samaritans. If you are interested in a diverse and rewarding career within a dynamic organization, then choose a career where people matter; and where you are valued, appreciated for your hard work, and supported. Join a team that empowers you to live up to your potential so that you can feel part of something bigger and make a difference in the lives of others.
Good Samaritan Hillside Village consists of six 12-bedroom duplex homes (72 beds) for the care of persons with dementia as well as those that require complex care as well as 40 long term care suites in the main building.
Reporting to the Director Clinical Services, the Site and Clinical Services Manager (SCSM) provides leadership and operational oversight for a range of services and living options including supportive living/assisted living, long term care, dementia care, day programs, private pay and life lease. The SCSM works with other organizational leaders and with resident/client/families to ensure that care and services are aligned with organizational mission, vision and values, goals, and objectives and that effective and efficient clinical care and services are being provided. The SCSM assumes a leadership role empowering teams to build and maintain a safety culture that pursues leading practices, quality improvement human resources and learning and development initiatives throughout our care homes and programs.
Additionally, the SCSM is a key representative of Good Samaritan promoting a positive image of the organization collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing (BScN)
- Gerontology or healthcare administrator certificate preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Active registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) is required
- Minimum of three (3) years proven management experience in a health care environment
- Minimum of five (5) years health related experience, preferably in seniors’ care, including dementia/geriatrics
- Experience managing people within in a unionized environment
- Experience managing a budget
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
What we can offer you:
- Work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee recognition events
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and Clearance Letter prior to the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
COVID-19 Immunization Requirements
As an employer with a strong commitment to health and safety, GSC is taking every reasonable step to protect the health, safety, and welfare of its employees, resident and clients, and the public from the hazard of COVID-19. As per the Provincial Health Officer order for mandatory COVID-19 vaccination (for BC), all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. All offers of employment will be conditional on the applicant providing proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccination requires a government-issued QR Code or document confirming COVID-19 vaccination.
COVID-19 Immunization: Proof of full immunization against COVID-19. Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or the first dose of a single-dose vaccine.
The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace at all levels of the organization, as well as in the delivery of our services. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, and people from the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
*Good Samaritan is a 2022 Canadian HR Award, Excellence Awardee for Diversity and Inclusion
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salmon Arm, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management experience in a health care environment: 3 years (required)
- health related: 5 years (required)
- managing a budget: 1 year (preferred)
- Undergraduate degree in nursing (BSCN) (required)
- Gerontology or healthcare administrator certificate (preferred)
- Active Registration with BCCNP (required)
Work Location: In person