Graybar Canada is looking for people with a desire to start a long-lasting career at one of the oldest and largest wholesale electrical distributors in Canada.
Graybar Canada – a division of Graybar Electric US – is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, automation and telecommunications products that supports these operations through related supply chain management and logistics services. We are also a Fortune 500 company.
Graybar operates more than 250 distribution facilities throughout North America, with over 30 branches across Canada alone. As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies, Graybar Canada has the power and stability of a big corporation and the integrity and drive of a neighborhood business.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available out of our Charlottetown, PE branch.
To provide friendly and professional customer service while answering the telephone and greeting visitors and performing general clerical duties according to established procedures.
- Invoice Direct Order billings.
- Process all branch customer returns.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings and events as required.
- Receive and forward telephone inquiries to appropriate person and provide general information to clients and the public.
- Prepare typed documents for Management using Word and Excel.
- Provide administrative assistance and support to senior department managers.
- Work with vendors to resolve shortages and delivery problems.
- Expedite all purchase orders and maintain delivery information.
- Assist in daily invoicing and scanning of pick tickets.
- Verify and balance Cash Sales transactions.
- Process nonstock and defective returns to vendors in a timely manner.
- Issue credits and rebills to customers where applicable.
- Process tax corrections.
- Provide back-up support for Branch purchasing.
- Provide back-up support for Switchboard Receptionist.
- Greet and assist incoming customers, vendors and other persons.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience considered an asset.
- Exhibits excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have a very high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Practice excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and experience managing customer requests.
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with people in a busy office environment with minimum supervision.
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
The above is a brief outline of position responsibilities and does not intend to be all-inclusive of the current or future duties, responsibilities or reporting relationships.
If you are highly motivated and have a passion for customer service, and are looking for a fun, rewarding career, we would be pleased to talk to you about joining Graybar Canada.
Graybar Canada is an equal opportunity employer that encourages interested candidates to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.