What you’ll do
- As a Department Sales Manager, you have a passion for sports and live an active lifestyle.
- Visual standards of apparels and footwear is your playground.
- You demonstrate a positive and engaged attitude when dealing with customers and employees and are responsible for coaching and developing your team.
- As an ambassador and leader of the customer experience you look to develop relationships with customers and provide mentorship and coaching to your team to ensure the same.
- Coach and develop your department team by setting expectations, keeping open lines of communication, coaching on a continual basis, providing constructive feedback, and ongoing support.
- Build and manage a daily game and sales plan for the department.
- Create development plans for full-time staff – providing support and coaching to improve any performance gaps.
- Communicate skills proven through effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions.
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment for staff.
What you bring
- Business Savvy – you have a customer focused mindset and can plan, execute, and drive sales.
- Leaders – you lead by example and have a passion for coaching, developing, and inspiring your team.
- Culture and brand ambassadors – you love the work and take pride in our brand.
- If you’re a proven retail manager with a passion for people, our industry, and driving an exceptional customer experience, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Minimum of 2 years in a retail environment, preferably at a supervisory level.
- A proven track record of business growth and exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrated interest in or involvement in sports or the sporting goods industry an asset.
At Sport Chek, we want to find what moves you, and help build your career from there. As Canada’s destination for footwear, apparel, and sporting goods; we believe that sport and activity has the power to help shape your style, your relationships, and your mind. Along with colleagues across the Canadian Tire family of companies, you’ll be a part of a collaborative network of like-minded individuals who draw on their collective experience to best serve customers across all banners from coast-to-coast. Join us, where there's a place for you here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to fostering an environment where belonging thrives, and diversity, inclusion and equity are infused into everything we do. We believe in building an organizational culture where people are consistently treated with dignity while respecting individual religion, nationality, gender, race, age, perceived ability, spoken language, sexual orientation, and identification. We are united in our purpose of being here to help make life in Canada better.
We stand firm in our Core Value that inclusion is a must. We welcome and encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups such as people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, women, people with disabilities, and beyond. Should you require any accommodation in applying for this role, or throughout the interview process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to help meet your needs.s.
Job Type: Full-time
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person