At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Customer Service Representative (Hybrid)
Supervisor, Savings & Retirement Operations
Savings & Retirement
Monday to Friday, 11:30am – 7:30pm EST
We are currently working remotely, and we will be moving to a hybrid model when our office renovation is complete (approximately November 2023), coming into the office a minimum of 2 days per week, every other week on designated days.
Equitable Life is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our Savings & Retirement team! We’re looking for a dynamic individual with a proven history of providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced inbound call centre environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling Equitable Life advisor and policyholder inquiries through the online phone queue system.
If you are a skilled multi-tasker, enjoy problem-solving, and consider yourself a people person through and through, then consider a role on our Savings & Retirement Contact Centre team.
This is a great opportunity to join an outstanding team and work for one of Waterloo Region’s Top Employers for 2023!
What you will be doing:
What you will bring:
- Respond to Policyholder and MGA / Advisor service inquiries and issues via phone and email, ensuring timely responses and follow-ups
- Handle basic transactions & email inquiries
- Consistently provide clear, concise information regarding all inquiries, such as status updates, financial transactions, policy values and details, product changes, policyholder mailings, corporate communications (financial statements) on current and past plans sold by the company
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed in a timely basis for further processing or future handling
- Regularly assist as necessary to address service concerns, RRSP season volumes, etc.
- Remain current on all general aspects of Life and Annuity products and plan features, taxation, legislation
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional listening skills
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- A natural desire to provide customer service, with proven ability to go beyond service expectations for client retention
- Demonstrate patience and empathy while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to handle high stress levels and a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Savings & Retirement general operations and industry knowledge of accumulation and payout products and applicable legislation for registered and non-registered products
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills to ensure client’s needs are met while maintaining published service standards
- Ability to “think on your feet” and deal with a multitude of demanding situations
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- ACS designation or working towards is an asset
- Quick study with ability to retain and reference information
- Bilingual in English and French would is an asset
- A healthy work-life balance with employee wellness top of mind
- Annual bonus program, annual vacation allowance, and company-paid benefits program
- An additional paid volunteer day each year so you can spend time giving back to the community
- Immediate enrollment in the company’s pension program with employer matching
- Employee resource groups that support an inclusive work environment
- Tuition support and specialized program assistance
- A company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
- Discounts on company products and services, and access to exclusive employee perks
- Regular EQ Together events focused on company togetherness and collaboration
As part of the recruitment/offer process you will be required to:
- Provide two professional references (minimum one supervisor and above)
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at [email protected]
if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.