Built on over 75 years as a BC credit union, Prospera Credit Union is a community-based, purpose-driven organization that offers a full range of financial products and services. Prospera is British Columbia’s fourth-largest credit union, with $9 billion in assets and 120,000 members. With 26 branches, Prospera is proud to serve communities from Vancouver, through the Fraser Valley, and to the Okanagan. It’s our vision to help build vibrant healthy communities, thriving local enterprises, and financially empowered people.
What you'll do:
As the Manager, HR Business Partners, you will support, coach, develop and lead our talented Business Partner team within the People Experience department. Through a relentless commitment to providing proactive, trusted advice to business leaders, you’ll oversee employee relations and the delivery of a broad range of people programs including performance management, the employee engagement survey cycle and employee retention. Working closely with the Director, Talent & People Experience, you’ll play a key role in the development of talent strategies and programs, with a specific focus on executing on deliverables within the strategy.
This is the perfect role for an experienced HR leader who’s an HR Generalist at heart, who gets satisfaction in providing superior service to others- from direct reports to business leaders, to customers. You will thrive in this role if you are a driver who can motivate others and most importantly, have fun - A sense of humor is a must for our team!
What you’ll bring:
- At least 10 years’ HR experience working in a HR generalist function. You’re an HRBP at heart.
- 2+ years’ experience leading and managing HR professionals with a focus on coaching and development. (You’re an HRBP with that unique talent of being a great leader).
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing. You’re a confident and polished presenter, no matter the audience.
- Superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders. You’re known as an “HR person who ‘gets it’”.
- Skilled in all areas of Human Resources with an emphasis on performance management, and employee relations. You can steer yourself and your team through conflict and performance issues with a breeze.
- Results oriented and a track record of achieving targets and holding others accountable to achieving results. You get stuff done and enable your team to do the same.
- Experienced change agent with the ability to navigate ambiguity. You’re good with grey and you can make decisions when your boss is on vacation.
- University degree and/or certificate or diploma in HR (preferred)
- CPHR designation (required).
Cultivate trusting relationships: We are local at heart, aligned in our purpose to help our members, communities, and team thrive.
Empower and enable others: We give each other the space, trust, and tools to succeed.
Lead with curiosity: We approach all circumstances with curiosity and a drive for continuous learning and improvement.
Embrace change and execute with purpose: We plan with agility, take action, and pivot to deliver results.
Thrive as One Team: We collaborate because it strengthens us.
What’s in it for you?
Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: All team members are valued, respected and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives.
Training and support. We set our employees up for success with training and continued support and access to resources throughout employment.
Career advancement! We’re committed to our employees’ growth and development and want to see you soar.
Fun and camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees, and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
Show me the money! We offer competitive pay, a personalized benefits program and a generous defined contribution pension plan.
Community focused. We care about giving back to the communities where we live, work and play. We participate in many community-minded activities throughout the year.
Sound like your new role? Apply Today!
Apply today. Applications for this role close on March 14, 2023.