Front Desk Receptionist
With a population of approximately 16,000, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
The City of Cold Lake is seeking a qualified individual to fill the permanent, full-time position of Front Desk Receptionist with the Department of Community Services.
Reporting to the FCSS Manager, the Front Desk Receptionist is primarily responsible for:
· Providing excellent customer service by responding to public inquiries regarding City services and assisting customers in completing forms.
· Receiving, processing, and balancing payments and daily cash drawer balancing, and processing daily cash out.
· Responding to general phone inquiries and transferring calls within the building or other City locations as necessary.
· Relaying urgent public concern calls to appropriate person for immediate attention when required.
· Performing general clerical duties, such as: mail sorting and distribution, coordinating courier pick up and deliveries, word processing, compiling and recording data, maintaining files and inventories, operating office equipment, sorting and stuffing envelopes and proofreading documents.
The greatest challenge of this job is to successfully manage various projects with deadlines with constant interruptions, while always ensuring customers’ needs are met. The incumbent must be an excellent communicator, able to remain open-minded, positive and upbeat, while having the ability to adapt to changes on the basis of new information and/or direction. The incumbent must also be trustworthy and be able to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information.
· Post-secondary diploma or Degree in Business or Office Administration, or related field;
· Minimum two years’ experience in customer service and/or Administration, with preference given to those with experience in a Municipal or other Government setting;
· The position requires proven written and verbal communication skills and a keen interest in assisting others;
· Strong organizational skills and a strong computer skillset, including Microsoft Office and accounting software, are also required;
· The Front Desk Receptionist must have the ability to deal effectively and communicate well with the public and staff in a fast-paced environment and have the initiative to work well independently and as a team member.
· Must have the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
· Standard First Aid and CPR certification are required.
Salary for this position is $28.60 per hour; 35 hours of work per week.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
How to apply:
· Submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience.
· Include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications.
· Copies of any relevant certifications.
This competition will remain open until midnight, June 25th, 2023.
The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.60 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberta: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Receptionist: 2 years (preferred)
- Municipal: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-25