Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Senior Developer at Global Relay in Kelowna, you'll be using leading edge technologies to build products that build the foundation for our services which are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in a distributed system landscape. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of Java technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best developers in British Columbia and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here.
Technologies In Use:
- Languages (Java, Python, Bash)
- Spring Boot Framework
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Skaffold)
- Ansible Automation Framework
- Databases (PostgreSQL, CockroachDB, Cassandra)
- Apache ZooKeeper
- Apache Kafka
- Specialized encryption hardware
- Design, in collaboration with the team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Work as part of an agile development team to write quality code for enterprise services
- Ensure code is tested and performant for use at scale
- Develop deployment automation to continuous delivery
- Document API's, code and designs
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- 5 years of experience working with distributed software at scale
- Solid experience with agile development methodologies
- Solid experience with multi-threaded programming
- Solid understanding of design patterns and their benefit
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON etc.
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection and mocking techniques
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
British Columbia - Base Salary Range:
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.