Requisition ID: 345970
Position Number: 20050575
Posting End Date: October 6, 2023
Site: Grace Hospital
Department / Unit: Vascular Lab - GGH
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/08/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $40.726, $42.098, $43.534, $44.932, $46.230, $47.646, $49.109, $50.091
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The successful applicant may be eligible for an annual full-time incentive of up to $2,000 each year until 2024 as per MOU #31 of the current MNU collective agreement.
The Clinical Coordinator functions as a pivotal member of the multidisciplinary team to coordinate and provide clinical management to patients with complex health issues within the defined patient population and acts as a resource person to other health care professionals and the community.
The clinical coordinator utilizes advanced skills and knowledge and performs at a high level of independence as a clinical practitioner, leader, consultant and educator. Practice is in accordance with employer policy and professional standards. The Clinical coordinator supports families in Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, Nunavut and Saskatchewan as required.
- Minimum three (3) years recent clinical experience in relevant nursing specialty required.
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of software application an asset.
- Current experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Experience in clinical research and knowledge of research protocols and methodologies an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively with other health disciplines required.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently required.
- Previous teaching experience would be an asset.
- A good employment record required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Successful completion of a relevant post basic program may be required or preferred in designated areas.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy.
- Commitment to care of patients through a family centered nursing approach.
- Advanced clinical knowledge in subspecialties.
- Commitment to maintaining current knowledge in area of expertise through reviewing literature and attending continuing education in-services, workshops and conferences.
- Expertise and competence in nursing practice, interviewing, counseling, teaching and group dynamics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively with patients, families and multidisciplinary team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with referring physicians and nurses and community members.
- Displays initiative, accountability, good time management, decision making ability, leadership and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge and skills in research and quality assurance.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- May be required to work flexible hours.
- Occasional travel to community agencies, patient homes and/or other healthcare institutions.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.