At Arjo, we believe that empowering movement within healthcare environments is essential to quality care. Our products and solutions are designed to promote a safe and dignified experience through patient handling, medical beds, personal hygiene, disinfection, diagnostics, and the prevention of pressure injuries and venous thromboembolism. With over 6000 people worldwide and 60 years caring for patients and healthcare professionals, we are committed to driving healthier outcomes for people facing mobility challenges.
For more information about Arjo visit www.arjo.com
Empowering careers at ARJO
What moves you? Come join dedicated people in pursuit of changing lives for individuals with health and mobility challenges. Develop your skills alongside industry professionals serving your community every day!
Arjo welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, relatable culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging.
Position: Field Service Representative
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job type: Fulltime Permanent
The impact you will have
The Field Service Representative is responsible for the delivery, pick up, maintenance and cleaning of Arjo medical equipment that is used on rental basis by hospitals and nursing homes.
As the Field Service Representative, you will be responsible for:
- Performing deliveries and pick-up using a 3-ton or 5-ton truck
- Prepare medical equipment and documentation for delivery
- Load and unload medical equipment from the delivery vehicle
- Provide customers with instruction to use the equipment safely and properly
- Process delivery and pick-up documentation onsite with medical staff as required
- Clean and process medical equipment to quality standards
- Present the highest level of customer etiquette in all patient/customer interactions
The skills you will need
There are no specific skills requirements for this role except a valid driver's license, as we will provide you all the training you will need to be successful.
The qualities we are looking for is a passion for helping and interacting with people, a positive demeanor, a willingness to learn and a desire to establish a long, possibly even life long career with one company.
What we will offer in return
You will support our vision to be the most trusted partner in driving healthier outcomes for people facing mobility challenges. In return, we recognize and value our global employees. Our Total Rewards programs reflect who we are as an organization and the value we have in our people. Our programs support our commitment to open communication, ethical behavior and safety, and growth and development of our employees. All of these programs help to promote our highly engaged and vibrant workplace - our most recent employee engagement survey score was 8.2/10! In addition, you will be eligible for:
- A positive employee experience is centered on trust, pride, and teamwork, which is reflected in our recent Great Place to Work® certification.
- Full Benefit Coverage – medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan (RPP) - 4.5% company contribution plus a 20% match of voluntary employee contributions
- Education Assistance Program
- December 24 and your birthday as extra paid days off
- Statutory Holiday Substitution Program
- Volunteer Time Off Program – paid time off to volunteer
- Participation in social and wellness events
- Paid Training and Development - We support the development and growth of our employees through constant training opportunities.
Why diversity matters to us
At Arjo, we believe in the power of diversity. We strongly encourage applicants from all parts of society, which means building a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and engaging environment – not only in the workplace, but also within the communities that we serve, work in and live in. We achieve this through a culture and mindset that values the uniqueness of all our people.
Great discoveries happen when people from a diverse set of backgrounds come together. The people at our company support one another. At Arjo Canada Inc. we are committed to implementing, maintaining and enhancing accessibility with respect to employment and the use of all Arjo goods, services, programs and facilities in a timely manner for all persons with disabilities in a manner that:
- Respects their dignity and independence;
- Ensures reasonable efforts are made to provide an opportunity equal to that given to others; and
- Provides opportunities for persons with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a similar way to others, to the greatest extent possible
- Providing an environment where we empower and work as one team
Achievements & Partnerships
Arjo Canada is proud to be an Employer Partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI), which provides us with a number of benefits that will support us on our diversity and inclusion journey.
Arjo Canada has been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough, independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work Institute® Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from our employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about their workplace experience.
Arjo Canada has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces™ Managed by Women 2023 from Great Place to Work®.
Arjo Canada has been selected for The Career Directory as 2023 Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, a guide to entry-level recruitment for recent college and university graduates.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person