Tuesday to Saturday work schedule.
Our organization continues to lead growth in southern Ontario, and we're looking for passionate and conscientious professionals to join us.
With locations in St. Thomas, London, and Sarnia, we are the largest private speech and language service provider in Southern Ontario. This is an opportunity for a generalist position in a setting with a rarely equalled clinical caseload, working with clients across the age and diagnostic spectrum. We are seeking to fill an immediate opening for the management of a clinical caseload between our Hyde Park and Glenora Drive sites.
Full-time hours are Monday to Friday. Full-time employees are eligible to receive extended health benefits at the conclusion of their 3-month probationary period.
· Create individualized activities and therapy materials to meet clients’ communication and/or literacy development goals as determined by the Speech Language Pathologist (SLP).
· Create group therapy plans, as required (e.g. for camps).
· Assist the SLP in carrying out evaluation and intervention activities.
· Provide therapy to clients of any age or diagnosis - within your clinical capacity - as documented in treatment plans or protocols developed by the SLP.
· Prepare progress notes for client files and the SLP.
· Assist SLP with session and clinic material preparation and maintenance, as appropriate.
· Ensure all materials, tools, and equipment are cleaned and in good working order.
· Perform other clinical and clerical duties as directed by the CDA Lead or Director of Operations.
· Process client payments.
· Maintain scheduled appointments for clients: cancellations, appointment changes, new intakes.
· Receive, prepare, and/or store documents for the SLP when necessary. We are a paperless workplace and so proficiency with electronic record-keeping is a must.
· Maintain office organization, including therapy and testing materials and stationary.
· Respond to inquiries about our services with a focus on client acquisition and/or retention.
· Communicate with other team members within the organization to ensure continuity and accuracy in the execution of all work responsibilities.
· Communicate with other members of the circle of care, such as Physicians, Nurses, Case Managers, Audiologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, etc., as necessary.
· Communicate with other stakeholders in the client’s care, such as lawyers, legal clerks and assistants, and insurance adjusters, as necessary.
· Participate in networking, marketing, and other promotional events. Such participation includes, but is not limited to, appearance at such events, sharing of company marketing/promotional social media posts on personal social media profiles, and consent to appear in still or video images intended for promotional purposes only. Admission to and attendance at all events is paid.
· Daily cleaning and maintenance of the clinic rooms.
· Maintenance and calibration of therapy and assessment materials as per CASLPO regulations.
· Communicative Disorders Assistant or Communication Health Assistant diploma.
· Valid driver’s licence with access to a dependable vehicle.
· Interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate with internal team members and external community care/other service providers.
· Rudimentary understanding of private practice operations to ensure client acquisition, retention, and minimization of cancellations.
· Competence in basic computer operations, such as in the use of an electronic medical records system (EMR), word processing and spreadsheets.
· Proof of vaccination against COVID-19
· Registration with CDAAC or other speech and language association, such as OSLA or ASHA.
· Fluency in a second language.
· Financial transaction processing, management, or other administrative or retail experience.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have a Communicative Disorders Assistant diploma or experience as a therapy assistant in communication disorders?
Work Location: In person