Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of Systems Testing/QA Specialist-Senior to join our dynamic team for our client.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing.
- Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-Graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing (e.g., stress tests).
- Proficient in Cloud technology, Agile & DEVOPS.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the development of test plans, test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components.
- The tester will work with the testing lead and IT lead of each project as well as the project team members in the analysis, design, development, implementation and ongoing support of the required systems.
- • Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
- • Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
- • Knowledge and experience in the use of data query tools to aid in the development of test cases
- • Knowledge and experience in the use of Test Management tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
- • Experience executing functional tests, non-functional tests and systems level integration tests
- • Experience supporting user acceptance testing and participating in UAT activities
- • Experience with quality assurance principles, practices, tools and structured methodologies
- • Experience creating test data for various types and phases of testing, including technical and business functional validation
- • Experience in quality assurance and testing, including AODA testing, integration testing, load testing, performance testing, etc.
- • Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- • Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- • A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- • Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
- • Knowledge and experience in at least one programming language
- • Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- • Knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment
- • Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
- • Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
- • Experience planning and organizing testing efforts for both large and small systems
- • Experience coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated test cases
- • Experience testing Commercial Off-the Shelf Applications (COTS)
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
- · 10+ years of experience in process, planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts
- · Extensive Experience with test management tools on one or more platforms such as Azure DevOps & Microfocus ALM 12.5
- · Experience conducting AODA Compliance Audit & Remediation
- · Demonstrates working knowledge of the testing process and the Software development life cycle (SDLC), including Agile & DevOps
- · Experience with creating, reviewing, and executing test strategy, test plans and test cases
- · Experience with providing identification and resolution of problems/issues
- · Experience with Waterfall, Agile & DEVOPS methodologies
- · Experience with Cloud technology (Microsoft Azure)
- · Extensive Experience with AODA Compliance Audit tools, AXE, WAVE
- · Experience with Siebel (RLSO - Registration Licencing System of Ontario), ESDI & other Ministry Applications
- · Knowledge of Licensing and Control System (LCS) & Legacy Mainframe Systems
- · Experience with Payment Gateway MPG/EPS Services
- · Experience with mainframe tools such as TSO/SPF
- · Experience with ReadyAPI, WEB Services, API, OPA and Java Technologies
- · Experience with IMS/DB2/SQL/Oracle Databases, and UNIX
- · Experience with .NET platform
- · Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- · Strong organizational, creativity and perseverance skills.
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills.
- · Proven track record for building strong working relationships.
- 10+ years of experience in process, planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts
- Extensive Experience with test management tools on one or more platforms such as Azure DevOps & Microfocus ALM 12.5
- Experience conducting AODA Compliance Audit & Remediation
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile & DEVOPS methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technology (Microsoft Azure)
- Extensive Experience with AODA Compliance Audit tools, AXE, WAVE
Candidate needs to be onsite- 3 days in a week
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 18 months
Salary: $60.00-$75.00 per hour
- Are you legally working in Canada?
- Waterfall, Agile & DEVOPS methodologies: 2 years (preferred)
- Cloud technology (Microsoft Azure): 3 years (preferred)
- AODA Compliance Audit tools, AXE, WAVE: 3 years (preferred)
- process, planning, organizing and implementing testing: 10 years (required)
- test management tools on one or more platforms: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North York, ON M3M 0B4