Child Management Specialist, Temporary Full-Time
Community Supports, Dr. Brian Adams Community Health Centre, Gambo
Definition of Work:
The successful candidate will function as a member of the Direct Home Services Program with an emphasis on working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary Child and Youth Community Health team. The Child Management Specialist will deliver a home-based early intervention program to young children (infancy to school aged) with developmental delay(s) and their families; in addition to, services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, complete developmental screenings, and individualized skill teaching programs. The successful candidate is responsible for completing client and technical reports, participates in the ISSP process (Individual Support Services Plan), and provides training to care providers, support staff, and community agencies as required. Consultation and partnership with other professionals in the social, health, and education fields are required. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centred care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
- Degree in one of the social sciences with major coursework in psychology, behaviour management, and early childhood development.
- Two (2) year's current experience within the last five (5) years in clinical assessment, planning, and implementation of skill teaching programs.
- Demonstrated experience, skill, and in-depth knowledge in the areas of: home-based early intervention, child development, skill teaching strategies, family-centered practices, task analysis and behavioural management techniques, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with children with developmental delays and family intervention.
- Demonstrated effective communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality
- Use of a private vehicle and valid driver license are a condition of employment.
- Satisfactory Record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
- A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly (shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-38 ($36.00-$40.16)
Competition No: P-2023000897-DBA
Closing Date: October 6, 2023
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.